Author Topic: Connection - Setup Issue  (Read 2432 times)

j4jims

Connection - Setup Issue
« on: January 12, 2017, 12:59:29 AM »
Hey all,

I am trying to connect CMOD server from my local machine via ODWEK in 64 bit platform. I had copied the ODApi.Jar to import the package and also the .dll files ars3wapi32.dll, ars3wapi64.dll and its dependent libraries icudt48.dll, icuin48.dll, icuio48.dll, icule48.dll, iculx48.dll, icuuc48.dll, arsgsk64.dll and had include the folder where it resides as the native library for source in Java code using eclipse IDE. The CMOD server has v9.0 installed in it. When I run the java code to establish connection to the server, it throws me this error

ars3wapi32.dll can't load IA-32 bit .dll in a AMD 64 bit machine.

If I remove ars3wapi32.dll and run the program, it throws me the below error.

No ars3wapi32.dll found

Any help would be appreciated to resolve this issue.

Regards,
Jim.

Alessandro Perucchi

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Connection - Setup Issue
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2017, 12:46:20 PM »
Hey all,

I am trying to connect CMOD server from my local machine via ODWEK in 64 bit platform. I had copied the ODApi.Jar to import the package and also the .dll files ars3wapi32.dll, ars3wapi64.dll and its dependent libraries icudt48.dll, icuin48.dll, icuio48.dll, icule48.dll, iculx48.dll, icuuc48.dll, arsgsk64.dll and had include the folder where it resides as the native library for source in Java code using eclipse IDE. The CMOD server has v9.0 installed in it. When I run the java code to establish connection to the server, it throws me this error

ars3wapi32.dll can't load IA-32 bit .dll in a AMD 64 bit machine.

If I remove ars3wapi32.dll and run the program, it throws me the below error.

No ars3wapi32.dll found

Any help would be appreciated to resolve this issue.

Hi Jim,

ODWEK needs to be installeds, and not take the bits and pieces like you want. As long as you are installing ODWEK on the system where you need it, then you are supported by IBM.
If you begin to play around taking this dll, this jar, that file, etc... then you are on your own.

So first try to install ODWEK, see if that works, if not, then try to make it work.
Once it works, then you can try to understand which pieces are required or not, and then copy the pieces and bits that you need.
But again... this is absolutely NOT supported by IBM, and if you open a ticket, then the first thing they will require from you is that you install ODWEK and try if that works.

Regards,
Alessandro
Alessandro Perucchi

#Install #Migrations #Conversion #Educate #Repair #Upgrade #Migrate #Enhance #Optimize #AIX #Linux #Multiplatforms #DB2 #Windows #Oracle #TSM #Tivoli #Performance #Audits #Customizing #Availability #HA #DR #JavaApi #ContentNavigator #ICN #WEBi #ODWEK #Services #PDF #AFP #XML