Author Topic: connecting to new remote SQL server  (Read 2205 times)

bruce.mchendry

• View Profile
connecting to new remote SQL server
« on: October 17, 2017, 09:15:51 AM »
Hi ,
A few weeks back I lost my developer to another team and she did all the SQL / database stuff so this is a challenge for me. (I'm not a developer, that's why I have/had one).The database team had to replace the existing dev server last night and also changed the name. When we built our environments we used a functional admin ID so no one would be using their personal one. I've RDP'd onto the server and have gone onto the OnDemand Configurator with the functional ID. I go to the CMOD instance->Properties-> Database-> Advanced Options and I see the name of the existing SQL server but it's greyed out. I can't see where I can update or change the name of the SQL server. I'm really hoping I don't have to delete and recreate the entire instance just to update the SQL server name ? btw We are on CMOD 9.5.0.4 and SQL 2012.  Any help is appreciated.
Cheers
Bruce McHendry
Business Systems Consultant

jsquizz

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: connecting to new remote SQL server
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2017, 09:34:44 AM »
registry?
#CMOD #DB2 #AFP2PDF #TSM #AIX #RHEL #AWS #AZURE #GCP #EVERYTHING

bruce.mchendry

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2017, 09:42:59 AM »
Hey jsquizz it's worth a try. I think I'll back that up first before I go poking around.  ;D
Bruce McHendry

jsquizz

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 17, 2017, 10:08:26 AM »
I've only done one implementation on the windows platform a few years back, and I am 99% sure that was the backdoor way of doing it. Not sure if that would be supported tho.
#CMOD #DB2 #AFP2PDF #TSM #AIX #RHEL #AWS #AZURE #GCP #EVERYTHING

bruce.mchendry

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 17, 2017, 10:46:59 AM »
Hi Jsquizz,
Good call in that I was able to go in the registry and change the server name so thanks for that ! Still having connection issues but I've engaged the database team so hopefully we get it figured out. Thanks for the suggestion !
Cheers
Bruce McHendry