Author Topic: Contents of data in the CMOD.MIGR.BANNER.INPUT file  (Read 2684 times)

J9CMOD

• View Profile
Contents of data in the CMOD.MIGR.BANNER.INPUT file
« on: June 19, 2017, 09:42:24 AM »
We are using CMOD Banners in the BANNER.INPUT file in CMOD instead of manifests, because of specific needs of the software (and department) we are sending our print to. 
However, as part of the data in the banner, we need to list all the ReportIDs in the bundle, all the Bundle IDs and/or all the Distribution IDs.  Since all the Report IDs are listed in the manifest, it seems that the data is available.  However, I can only find a way to get ONE of each listed in the banner - we use OD_RID, BID, and DID.
Does anybody know how I can get it to list ALL the RIDs, BIDs and DIDs on the banner?

J9CMOD

• View Profile
Re: Contents of data in the CMOD.MIGR.BANNER.INPUT file
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2017, 07:01:02 AM »
I still haven't found the solution to this issue.  I've tried several things, and one of my co-workers said somebody at IBM said this was not possible.  I know the manifest will print all the reports in the bundle, so I think there is probably a way to do it in the banner exit also.   We use the banner exit, but I did see this comment (in ARSRBANO) and wondered if it was removed from both programs:

7/25/2014 14206  1.1.2 Support multiple banner names in   
                       ODSBAN.  This used to be supported.
                       Where did it go?                   

Any ideas?
Thanks!
Janine

Nolan

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2017, 09:15:25 AM »
Our custom banner exit used to use SQL but doesn't anymore.  I suspect you would need to use the Exit to query the tables to find what details you are looking for from the DST/DRT/PPT tables.  Have you tried that already?
J.

#zOS #AIX #Windows #Multiplatforms
#DB2 #TSM #ODF #zODF #ODWEK
#CapacityPlanning #AFP #ReportDistribution
#Finance #ICN

J9CMOD

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2018, 06:39:30 AM »
I don't have a lot of info on that exit, so I haven't tried to change it/use it in any specific ways.  Can you expand on what I would need to do to make this happen?

Nolan

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 12, 2018, 12:50:26 PM »
Here is a link to the manual to give you the details.

https://www.ibm.com/support/knowledgecenter/SSQHWE_9.5.0/com.ibm.ondemand.odf.doc/doddf400.htm

The samples in SARSINST are not to hard to read and modify.   The problem I had was trying to connect to DB/2 given the exit is now on the OMVS filesystem and not the loadlib.  If you figure that out, please share :)
J.

#zOS #AIX #Windows #Multiplatforms
#DB2 #TSM #ODF #zODF #ODWEK
#CapacityPlanning #AFP #ReportDistribution
#Finance #ICN

J9CMOD

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 14, 2018, 05:49:31 PM »
Thanks Nolan.  I am nose-deep in some other issues currently, but I will read the manual you supplied, and let you know if I come up with a solution that includes your challenge.