Author Topic: Viewing an AFP in FAT client  (Read 2713 times)

jsquizz

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Viewing an AFP in FAT client
« on: October 29, 2017, 05:54:08 PM »
I have an afp that’s giving me some issues after transforming. I would like to view it how it is loaded into cmod.

I pull it up in the thick client and it opens but it doesn’t load any of the proper fonts. This file has inline resources. How can I properly view this file in CMOD
#CMOD #DB2 #AFP2PDF #TSM #AIX #RHEL #AWS #AZURE #GCP #EVERYTHING

Nolan

• View Profile
Re: Viewing an AFP in FAT client
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2017, 06:14:04 AM »
We call it the 'Thick Client'  more politically correct  :)

OnDemand thick client does not use inline fonts when viewing AFP documents, usually, you get a popup about mappings not found.  You need to set up the font mapping in customized csdef.fnt/cpdef.fnt and alias.fnt files for your shop. 
C:\Program Files (x86)\ibm\OnDemand Clients\V9.5\Font

It is not an easy task and if you have never done it, you might require IBM services.  If it is not going to be the main way users view the document, I recommend you use a different AFP viewer to view the document.  (Save the document out of the thick client as a AFP file, then open with a different viewer)
J.

#zOS #AIX #Windows #Multiplatforms
#DB2 #TSM #ODF #zODF #ODWEK
#CapacityPlanning #AFP #ReportDistribution
#Finance #ICN

jsquizz

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Viewing an AFP in FAT client
« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2017, 07:28:22 AM »
Nolan, very helpful. Thanks much.

Having an issue where the file looks good coming out of exstream as a PDF, and an AFP. After AFP2PDF conversion, fonts are overlaying each other on a particular page. They requested that I take a look at it in the ondemand admin client. Now that I know this, I wont bother.

By the way, my last client we joked about the "PCness" of thick/fat client ;D ;D ;D
#CMOD #DB2 #AFP2PDF #TSM #AIX #RHEL #AWS #AZURE #GCP #EVERYTHING