Author Topic: Carriage control characters '-' and '0' supported?  (Read 1908 times)

ssorich

• View Profile
Carriage control characters '-' and '0' supported?
« on: September 18, 2017, 06:52:05 AM »
I have many files coming to my MP 9.5 installation on Linux from a mainframe with FBA format/ ANSI carriage control. It appears that the '-' and '0' carriage controls are not supported(?). When I remove them it somehow works. Not sure if my removal process is somehow "fixing" the file, but it appears to already have valid line feeds etc. I can't believe that these carriage controls are not supported. I get this before I remove the carriage controls of '0' and '-' in 1st column. ARS1114E Unable to read from offset 0 for length 687080 from the file >/
Is there some exit that can help? Has anybody else dealt with this?

Ed_Arnold

• View Profile
Re: Carriage control characters '-' and '0' supported?
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2017, 09:05:27 AM »
#zOS #ODF

ssorich

• View Profile
Re: Carriage control characters '-' and '0' supported?
« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2017, 11:30:57 AM »
Ed - I don't think so, this is truly all asa carriage control from the same set of files being exported out of a CA system, to be converted to CMOD, so all carriage control is the same (Fixed-length, blocked, ASA print-control characters). I did see this in your link:
•As an ACIF input exit. The ANSI and machine CC data sets could be concatenated together, then the file is run through arsload (and acif). The acif exit would convert the machine CC to ANSI CC, leave the ANSI CC alone that are already present, and then load this input file to OnDemand.

I am unsure if I would need to create an exit to handle standard carriage controls. This is sort of surprising to me.