Author Topic: ARS0020E OAM ERROR: FUNCTION=QUERY RETURN CODE=0000000C REASON-CODE= 9404FCD4  (Read 3757 times)

hbusk

• View Profile
Hello
We are running an old OnDemand system (V8.5.0.5) for a client that is not willing to pay for an upgrade.
Guess they are planning to move to something else. z/OS version is V2.1.

We are experiencing an odd error on this system on all documents spread over four folders:

10:29:38  ARS0024E DMG1HJB Object >1IDMAB< in Application Group >UAA< not found     
10:29:38  in node >OD390V21< 

10:29:38  ARS0020E DMG1HJB SM Error: ARSZDOCG: 00000017(00000010) OAM ERROR:         
10:29:38  FUNCTION= QUERY    RETURN CODE= 0000000C REASON-CODE= 9404FCD4,           
10:29:38  Return Code=23, Reason=0, File=arssmsms.cpp, Line=999 

It seems to concern the age of the document. When I do a random check it appears that all
documents loaded before 11jul2009 can’t be retrieved.

We have recently applied the z/OS21: RSU1706 level on this system. And the document retrieve problems
have started after this apply.
Part of HOLD data in PTF UA91366 in this level states that DB2BIND is required. That has been performed.
If not we would not be able to retrieve any documents at all.

I’m not sure how to translate the error msg, but my best guess after consulting the “DFSMSdfp Diagnosis” manual is this:

12 (X'0C')   X'94'       x     y     z
OTIS DB2 error during collection table processing. yz represents the DB2 SQL error. Convert the yz to decimal, and look up the resulting
SQL code in DB2 Messages and Codes.    yz       DB2 SQL code

This adds up to be an SQL error -812:

THE SQL STATEMENT CANNOT BE PROCESSED BECAUSE A BLANK COLLECTION-ID
WAS FOUND IN THE CURRENT PACKAGESET SPECIAL REGISTER WHILE TRYING TO
FORM A QUALIFIED PACKAGE NAME FOR PROGRAM program-name.consistency-token USING PLAN plan-name

Explanation
The last entry or the only entry in the package list for the plan contained an asterisk (*) as the value of the collection ID.
The CURRENT PACKAGESET special register must be set to a nonblank collection ID to form a qualified package name.

System action
The statement cannot be processed.

Programmer response
Set the CURRENT PACKAGESET special register to the correct collection ID, or ask your system administrator to check the plan's package list for correctness.

Have understood the error msg correct?
And if yes any ideas of what the cure for this error could be?

Or is there something we have missed in the applied RSU level?

We have run a trace on the DB2 side but it wasn't particular informative. We don't see the SQL -812 error here.

The one we ran to figure out that we needed the DB2 bind mentioned above directly showed a SQL -805 error on module CBRHTBSV.

Regards
Hans Busk

Ed_Arnold

• View Profile
Hello Hans - I think you might be getting bit by this one:

"After applying z/OS maintenance I can no longer retrieve OnDemand V2 migrated documents."

http://www-01.ibm.com/support/docview.wss?uid=swg22008017

Ed
#zOS #ODF

hbusk

• View Profile
Hi Ed

Thank you very much.  :)
It sure sounds like our problem.

We will try it out as soon as possible.

Regards
Hans

hbusk

• View Profile
Hi Ed

Now we have done the rebind as suggested by the Technote mentioned below and the problem vanished.  ;D
So thanks again for your help. 

What puzzles me is that according to our historic change data, we upgraded from V2 to V7 around 01jul2007
but this error concerned documents loaded up to two years later (10jul2009).

Is there a straightforward answer to that?

Regards
Hans 

Ed_Arnold

• View Profile

Is there a straightforward answer to that?

I don't have an answer.

All I know is that OAM APAR OA51129 is unearthing some issues.

Expect to see more on this in the next couple weeks.

Ed

#zOS #ODF