Author Topic: ACIF Indexer and Posting Date  (Read 10249 times)

DDP021

• View Profile
Re: ACIF Indexer and Posting Date
« Reply #15 on: October 24, 2017, 07:35:39 AM »
Decided to try different data that had only one true index...Trigger1 is based on Carriage control (1 in column) and is used to index off the account number...Added a separate Trigger2 to look for the verbiage "Run Date" and then create a new index based off of it to capture the date that's only on the first page....Report collects and does get the date from the first page, HOWEVER, it just creates a single index Off of the first page that contains the account number..In other words, its not breaking on the account number even though its set to BREAK=YES on the index...It combines everything under one index

Ed_Arnold

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 24, 2017, 08:27:02 AM »
I know there are improvements in the OS/390 Indexer in the latest release including new and better error messages.

I can't speak to ACIF, but are you on the latest release and service level?

On z I'm on ACIF V4.5.0 and APAR  PI72113.

Ed
« Last Edit: October 24, 2017, 08:35:13 AM by Ed_Arnold »
#zOS #ODF

DDP021

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 24, 2017, 10:25:10 AM »
Hi Ed.....Currently running 8.5.0...Will be upgrading, I believe, to 9.5.....

Well I did finally get things to work after much trial and error...what I did was add another Trigger based on the date that was found only on the first page..Had to make it a "FLOAT"

TRIGGER2=*,2,X'D9E4D540C4C1E3C5',(TYPE=FLOAT)          /*        RUN DATE       */

Then added a Field based on the actual date location and then added the INDEX...

The FINAL step I needed was to remove the small 't' for the POSTING DATE Default Value under the LOAD INFORMATION tab in the Application.  After doing that, all the indexes created had the Posting date that was shown on the first page and not todays Load Date....

Greg Ira

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 24, 2017, 11:34:18 AM »
Glad you got it working.   Sorry I couldn't have been more help.

Ed_Arnold

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 24, 2017, 11:52:00 AM »
Currently running 8.5.0...Will be upgrading, I believe, to 9.5....

First off, glad you resolved your issue.

On z/OS, at least, ACIF is a separate product from CMOD and can be separately ordered.

Hopefully you're on ACIF V4.5 with all service applied, independent of whatever level of CMOD you're running.

Ed
#zOS #ODF

DDP021

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 25, 2017, 09:52:08 AM »
Absolutely NO need to apologize Greg!!  I appreciate all your input and time!!!!!!,,,

Ed, I'll check with our engineering team as they are the ones who handle the upgrade

Take care

Dave