Author Topic: ars.cfg parms for manifest  (Read 1625 times)

J9CMOD

• View Profile
ars.cfg parms for manifest
« on: November 08, 2017, 01:40:01 PM »
I've read manuals, programs, parms and copybooks and can't find the answer, so I'm hoping somebody can help here.
We recently started using manifests for several distributions.  The problem is that the manifest produces with a different DD name from the other output in the bundle, which causes issues when it is sent to our Print Product.
It looks like you can set a parm somewhere.  Can anybody tell me how to force the manifest to print with the same DD name(s) as the rest of the output for the bundles?
Currently, each piece of the bundle goes out to the spool with DD names that start with P, and the manifest goes out to the spool with a DD name that starts with M - I need the manifest to be "considered the next P.  (NOTE - It does keep all the output in the same spool job)
For example, I have a Distribution with 3 Report Bundles and a manifest.  It goes to the spool with the following DD names:
P0000001  (1st application)
P0000002  (2nd application)
P0000003  (3rd application)
M0000003 (manifest)

I need the manifest to go to the spool as part of the bundle, which would cause it to have the following DD names:
P0000001  (1st application)
P0000002  (2nd application)
P0000003  (3rd application)
P0000004 (manifest)

J9CMOD

• View Profile
Re: ars.cfg parms for manifest
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2017, 11:37:58 AM »
Hate to admit this a little, but I was misunderstanding the documentation.
Two areas I didn't understand:
   When I read that the new parm was created to allow bundles to be in separate spool files, or one, like manifest, I thought that meant there was a parm for manifest.
   When I saw the choices of manifest, no manifest, and manifest in sysout, I jumped to the conclusion that maninfest in sysout meant it would sit out in the sysout queue to view and not be printed.

So - solution is - just choose manifest in sysout.

I'm testing it tonight to see if that's enough to allow QDirect to keep it together, without changing the dynamic creation of the DD name for the output.

Just wanted to answer this to save somebody else the headache.