Author Topic: AFP2PDF Transform Not Working with ICN 3.0.1  (Read 4501 times)

steven

AFP2PDF Transform Not Working with ICN 3.0.1
« on: November 27, 2017, 09:39:33 AM »
Anybody run into this issue?  I've configured the AFP2PDF Plus software that has replaced AFP2PDF Software.  We purchased CMOD back in 2003 and this software came with CMOD; however, the AFP2PDF piece is now handled by RICOH.  The latest release to work with Content Navigator is AFP2PDF PLus.  I can actually transform an afp in a command window without issue.  Now that being said, I can't make it transform an afp in Content Navigator when logged in.  Thanks in advance for any help you may provide!  Btw, my configs in Content Navigator Admin are spot on according to the documentation.  I've verified that a few times...lol.

jsquizz

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: AFP2PDF Transform Not Working with ICN 3.0.1
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2017, 12:20:39 PM »
I would reach out to IBM for this issue.

Fair warning:

I recently had an AFP2PDF/ODWEK PMR

IBM L2 Blamed Ricoh L2
Ricoh L2 Blamed IBM L2

Sounds like something isnt triggering right. Did you check the path for afp2pdf in your arswww.ini file?
#CMOD #DB2 #AFP2PDF #TSM #AIX #RHEL #AWS #AZURE #GCP #EVERYTHING

steven

« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2017, 07:36:23 AM »
Fascinating!  That's exactly what I'm getting.  I can go to a cmd prompt and type afp2pdf insure.afp and it transforms the afp to a working pdf.  Yes IBM says it's Ricoh; Ricoh says it's IBM's issue...go figure.  We'll just have to see.  I'll double check the arswww.ini and make sure it points to the right place.  If you or others can think of anything else, please don't hesitate to post it here.  Thanks in advance.

jsquizz

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 29, 2017, 09:14:12 AM »
What about ODWEK trace? I did that and it shed light on a bunch of things I was having.

steven

« Reply #4 on: November 29, 2017, 11:12:56 AM »
Great point!  Thanks for the information.  These posts have been quite helpful not just these in particular but this forum for certain!

jsquizz

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 29, 2017, 11:48:02 AM »
can you let me know your outcome? I am doing a similar roll out.

steven

« Reply #6 on: December 08, 2017, 02:23:21 PM »
Finally got this whole thing working.  Please remember that this is the new product "afp2pdf plus" from Ricoh.  One thing that doesn't matter is that everything can be on the same drive.  At first I thought maybe some files had to be on C Drive verses F Drive.  This is definitely not true.  Secondly, be sure the configuration is accurate on ICN Admin.  That, of course, is crucial.  Here's a caveat' that I didn't count on.  The afp2pdfserver had to run continually on the file server (Windows 2012) unlike the original product.  In other words, set up a scheduler so it runs continually.  I hope that makes sense.  At any rate, testing continues and will hopefully be in production soon.  I hope this helps someone out there wanting to do the same thing.

DDP021

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 09, 2018, 11:16:42 AM »
We are having an issue when viewing AFP documents...It appears when opening an index, every other page that data jumps up one line causing alignment issues..So whats happening is, Page 1 looks good, Page 2 jumps up one line, Page 3 alignment is correct but then Page 4 alignment goes off again...Same data views fine via webi....Systems is being told is an issue with Ricoh's afp2pdf plus...Anyone else have this issue?

jsquizz

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 09, 2018, 12:38:02 PM »
In other words, set up a scheduler so it runs continually.

Can you shed some light on this?

steven

« Reply #9 on: January 17, 2018, 11:30:29 AM »
Hey Jeff.  The scheduler was set up because the new afp2pdf plus has to have the afp2pdf server running all the time unlike the legacy afp2pdf transform.  I used a system account on the scheduler because if anyone logged off the file server or reboot it would automatically restart that afp2pdf server and keep it up without me being logged in.  That new transform server will not function without it running in the background.  Hope that makes sense.