Author Topic: Efficient retrieval of a large number of large documents  (Read 1817 times)

nnemcek

• View Profile
Efficient retrieval of a large number of large documents
« on: August 07, 2023, 06:47:46 AM »
I have several hundred files that I would like to copy to my PC, most are 9999 pages long.  I can get them one at a time but it very time consuming, are there are any tips or tricks for doing this more efficiently ?  I plan to use powershell scripts to help me find the needle in the haystack I'm looking for once I get all of the data.

jsquizz

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Efficient retrieval of a large number of large documents
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2023, 09:18:41 AM »
i have no experience writing powershell scripts, but if i was to do this in bash:

I'd get a listing of the DOC_NAME's from the system log or the data table.. Then do-

arsdoc get -u user -p password -agcNv -G "App group" -i "where DOC_NAME='FAA2'" -o docname -h cmodhost

or you can do something like-

arsdoc get -u user -p password -agcNv -G "App group" -i "where ACCTNO='12345'" -o docname -h cmodhost

first option is more efficient, get the complete docs via the DOC_NAME.
second option will take alot of time, but it will work if you have a listing of metadata to retrieve.
#CMOD #DB2 #AFP2PDF #TSM #AIX #RHEL #AWS #AZURE #GCP #EVERYTHING

nnemcek

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2023, 04:45:35 PM »
So, I only have access to the windows client, where is an interface where you can type commands?  I noticed that I could ftp the server I am accessing, but when I did an "ls" I basically saw nothing (no files or directories).  What am I missing?   Is there is an admin piece within my organization I need to locate? I can do that but I work for a very large company with a complex people structure.

Justin Derrick

• IBM Content Manager OnDemand Consultant
  • Administrator
  • CMOD Guru for hire...
    • View Profile
    • Tenacious Consulting
« Reply #3 on: August 08, 2023, 12:11:11 PM »
Install the CMOD Server package on your system - no need to configure CMOD, you just want access to the arsdoc tool. 

From inside the CMOD Client, create a *Public* Named Query for the documents you want to retrieve, but make sure the name you use doesn't have any spaces or other special characters in it, just letters and numbers.

Use the "arsdoc get" -q option to specify the named query from the step above to retrieve them.

-JD.
IBM CMOD Professional Services: http://TenaciousConsulting.com
Call:  +1-866-533-7742  or  eMail:  jd@justinderrick.com
IBM CMOD Wiki:  https://CMOD.wiki/
FREE IBM CMOD Education & Webinars:  https://CMOD.Training/

Interests: #AIX #Linux #Multiplatforms #DB2 #TSM #SP #Performance #Security #Audits #Customizing #Availability #HA #DR