Author Topic: Need page break on non-carriage-control character  (Read 1784 times)

J9CMOD

• View Profile
Need page break on non-carriage-control character
« on: January 12, 2018, 01:34:23 PM »
We have some documents that I can't get to load correctly.  Here's is the info that impacts this:
-  They do NOT have carriage control, and we don't want carriage control added.
-  The "new page" should always start when it finds an X in column 1
-  Column 1 is used for data and must print as part of the data.
-  We use Indexer: OS/390
-  RECFM = Fixed
-  LRECL = 133
-  DATA TYPE is Line  (They're line data output from cobol programs)
-  I can't use the line count, because there could be a different number of lines from one page to the next.  NOTE: Although I can't use the linecount,  I tried that and found that it showed the correct number of pages within the view (if they were the same size), but it didn't show the correct number of pages in the page count in the list of results.

Do you know how to make this happen?  I have tried many combinations, using INDEXSTYLEs DOC and NODX.

Here is what I have coded currently, that doesn't break the pages based on the X.  NOTE:  The inpexit is one we have created.  If I don't include the input exit, it doesn't load at all.  If I use the "out-of-the-box" ARSEXINP, it abends ARSLOAD.

CC=NO
CONVERT=NO
CPGID=500
FILEFORMAT=RECORD,133
GROUPMAXPAGES=9999
INDEXOBJ=ALL
INDEXSTARTBY=0
INDEXSTYLE=NODX   
INPEXIT=CMDEXINP    /* This is an input exit that will add carriage control every 65 lines if it doesn't find it, if CC=YES */
TRIGGER1=*,1,'X',(TYPE=GROUP)   
FIELD1=0,1,8,(TRIGGER=2,BASE=0)
INDEX1='SEGMENT_NUMBER',FIELD1,(TYPE=GROUP,BREAK=YES)
INDEX2='REPORT_DATE',FIELD1,(TYPE=GROUP,BREAK=YES)
INDEX3='PAGE_NO',FIELD1,(TYPE=GROUPPAGE,BREAK=YES)
LINECNT=16
CCTYPE=A   /*  This automatically gets added by the system if I don't code it */

Ed_Arnold

• View Profile
Re: Need page break on non-carriage-control character
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2018, 03:56:22 PM »
390 indexer line data documents have to have carriage control. 

"Line Print Reports consist of text formatted print streams. Column one of each record contains a carriage control character. " 

https://www.ibm.com/support/knowledgecenter/en/SSEPCD_9.5.0/com.ibm.ondemand.ir.doc/dodiz058.htm

CC=NO is ignored by the 390 indexer.  This is a problem because users expect that because it's there and doesn't return an error message that it's getting honored.  Not so.

You'll need to try a different method for loading.

Ed
#zOS #ODF