Author Topic: How to Define a transaction report  (Read 2395 times)

Jaydeep Mehta

How to Define a transaction report
« on: January 25, 2018, 04:58:20 AM »
HI All,

We have transaction report  and we trying to load report with transactional indexing .
there is 2 field Report Date and Account Number and we did the indexing as below .

FIELD1=0,77,8,(TRIGGER=1,BASE=0)
FIELD2=*,*,16,(OFFSET=(8:23),MASK='################',ORDER=BYROW)
INDEX1=X'D985979699A3C481A385',FIELD1,(TYPE=GROUP,BREAK=YES)                 /* ReportDate      */
INDEX2=X'C38199846DC1838396A495A3D5A494',FIELD2,(TYPE=GROUPRANGE,BREAK=NO)   /* Card_AccountNum */

File got loaded fine but how it will retrieve from folder based on search range of account number ?
it display only one index and when we try to search based on between range we not found any result .

Already go though with below link .
https://www.ibm.com/support/knowledgecenter/en/ssw_ibm_i_72/com.ibm.ondemand.indexingi5os.doc/ex400deftrafd.htm

Thanks

Greg Ira

• View Profile
Re: How to Define a transaction report
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2018, 07:16:51 AM »
For starters you would have had to define two fields for your Card_AccountNum.  One to hold the beginning value and one to hold the end value eg. Card_AccountNum   and Card_AccountNum_end.  In your application definition under Load Information you would assign both to the load ID Name of the field you indexed on, in your case Card_AccountNum:
Application Group Database Name: Card_AccountNum         -->  Load ID Name: Card_AccountNum
Application Group Database Name: Card_AccountNum_end  -->  Load ID Name: Card_AccountNum

You then use the two fields Card_AccountNum and Card_AccountNum_end in your folder definitions to get the beginning and ending values of the transaction range.

Jaydeep Mehta

« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2018, 11:42:47 PM »
HI Greg,

Thank you so much for update .

I have did the same thing you have mention , Now we have 2 folder fields Card_AccountNum  and Card_AccountNum_end
and it showing the  beginning and ending values of the transaction range.

Now my question if I want to search document with middle of AccounNum between this range 0000000000000001 ,9999999988880050  .
How I can found ?
because when I am searching   with  0000000000000025  I am not getting any thing .

Is it possible to search with in the range or not  in transactional indexing.?

Greg Ira

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2018, 12:59:48 PM »
If you are looking to be able to jump to specific location within a document based on account number then you may need to look into a setting up a page index, which I'm not completely familiar with.  I haven't found a lot of documentation on setting up and using page indexes and haven't had a reason to ever use it.

You can use these transaction fields to search for a document that may contain that account number within it's range of account numbers.
To accomplish this you add a folder field, something like "AccountNum_Search" with the field type that matches your accountNum.
Select Mapping Type of Range.
Next in the Field Mapping, map AccountNum_Search to both Card_AccountNum and Card_AccountNum_end (do it one at a time) and add AccountNum_Search to the folder query section. Save/close
Now if you open the folder and enter 0000000000000025 into the AccountNum_Search window you will pull up any document that "should" have that number within it's range.  No guarantees it will be there, just that the number falls between the beginning and end numbers of that particular document. After that you could open the doc and do a Find.

Jaydeep Mehta

« Reply #4 on: January 30, 2018, 03:46:03 AM »
HI Greag,

Thank you so much for help.

As you suggested I am tried the same but it not give accurate result but it work as a Range .