Author Topic: Errors with ARSLOAD of OLD AFP Documents  (Read 2929 times)

Joe Wolken

• CMOD iSeries Consultant
    • View Profile
    • OAS Corp.
Errors with ARSLOAD of OLD AFP Documents
« on: February 08, 2018, 09:34:14 AM »
I am getting errors I was not expecting with ARSLOAD.  Using iSeries v.7.3 with server v.10.1.0.2.

Background.  I used ARSDOC GET API to create a .OUT and .IND file with 1,065 old files from 2002 that had been loaded to an Application defined as TIF viewing.  They are not viewable as TIF. I think they are MO:DCA that came from CM iSeries.  So.

When I try to reload to a new Application defined to use the AFP Viewer I get the following error:
####################
ARS4312I Loading started, 131229818 bytes to process                                                 
ARS1199W The .ind file CCSID 0 does not match the CODEPAGE:1208 value specified in the .ind file.  A
le CCSID and the CODEPAGE:value might cause the load to fail.                                       
ARS1134E Invalid structured field header in the file /home/JWOLKEN/EXP2002.0.CLAIM.CLAIM.out         
ARS1146I Loaded 0 rows into the database                                                             
ARS4311E Loading failed                                                                             
ARS4318E Processing failed for file >/home/JWOLKEN/EXP2002.0.CLAIM.CLAIM<                           
ARS4327E Processing has stopped.  The remaining files will NOT be processed.                         
########################################################
From the internet it looks like OnDemand does extra format checking of AFP documents and these files to have the right X'05' codes embedded.

Then, I try recreating the Application with Viewer = User-Defined and Extension = AFP.
I get an error, ARS2219I, that is not even defined in the OnDemand v.7.3 Messages and Codes Guide.

###########################
ARS4312I Loading started, 131229818 bytes to process                                                 
ARS1199W The .ind file CCSID 0 does not match the CODEPAGE:1208 value specified in the .ind file.  A
le CCSID and the CODEPAGE:value might cause the load to fail.                                       
ARS1144I OnDemand Load Id = >6000-3-0-1FAA-20021219000000-20021219000000-6001<                       
ARS2219I  Thread creation failed: return code is 3029                                               
ARS1146I Loaded 0 rows into the database                                                             
ARS4311E Loading failed                                                                             
ARS4320I Unloading started                                                                           
ARS4321I Unloading of data was successful                                                           
ARS4318E Processing failed for file >/home/JWOLKEN/EXP2002.0.CLAIM.CLAIM<                           
ARS4327E Processing has stopped.  The remaining files will NOT be processed.                         
###############################

Has anyone tried similar activity or come upon similar errors with ARSLOAD?  Any advice or guidance would be appreciated.

Thanks,
#Installation #Upgrade #Migration #Administration #Integration #Customization #Training, and more!

Call: 512-402-1123
email: wolkenj@oascorp.com 
Click: http://www.OASCorp.com

Justin Derrick

• IBM Content Manager OnDemand Consultant
  • Administrator
  • CMOD Guru for hire...
    • View Profile
    • Tenacious Consulting
Re: Errors with ARSLOAD of OLD AFP Documents
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2018, 10:52:31 AM »
Can you show us the commands you're running, plus the Application Definition?

-JD.
IBM CMOD Professional Services: http://TenaciousConsulting.com
Call:  +1-866-533-7742  or  eMail:  jd@justinderrick.com
IBM CMOD Wiki:  https://CMOD.wiki/
FREE IBM CMOD Education & Webinars:  https://CMOD.Training/

Interests: #AIX #Linux #Multiplatforms #DB2 #TSM #SP #Performance #Security #Audits #Customizing #Availability #HA #DR

Joe Wolken

• CMOD iSeries Consultant
    • View Profile
    • OAS Corp.
« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2018, 12:32:53 PM »
IBM OnDemand iSeries Support responded with the following recommendation that solved the ARS2219I error:

ARS2219I - Thread creation failed: return code is 3029
@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@
Check system environment variables on the system and see if you have these three:
QIBM_MULTI_THREADED
LIBPATH
ICU_DATA
> > We think the QIBM_MULTI_THREADED is the one that is impacting you, but the other 2 are needed for some other things.  These were suggested back at 9.5.0.1.  Here are the commands to add them if you don't have them already:
ADDENVVAR ENVVAR(QIBM_MULTI_THREADED) VALUE(Y) LEVEL(*SYS)
ADDENVVAR ENVVAR(LIBPATH) VALUE('/QIBM/ProdData/OnDemand/bin') LEVEL(*SYS)
ADDENVVAR ENVVAR(ICU_DATA) VALUE('/QIBM/PRODDATA/ONDEMAND/LOCALE') LEVEL(*SYS)
@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@

Adding these 3 Environment variables to the iSeries Server removed the error and enabled the files to load and index successfully (and be retrieved/displayed correctly) as long as the Application was defined as User Defined with an extension of AFP.
#Installation #Upgrade #Migration #Administration #Integration #Customization #Training, and more!

Call: 512-402-1123
email: wolkenj@oascorp.com 
Click: http://www.OASCorp.com

run8

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2018, 12:36:51 PM »
Was going to mention ADDENVVAR ENVVAR(QIBM_MULTI_THREADED) VALUE(Y) LEVEL(*SYS)

This happened to me in the past...you have to read those READ THIS FIRST docs!
...John Reay
Run 8 Systems Inc.
Toronto