Author Topic: Folder update  (Read 1976 times)

DDP021

• View Profile
Folder update
« on: March 14, 2018, 08:24:47 AM »
Hi,  We found a need to make changes to an existing folder...What we NEED to do is update an existing Folder Field Definition and modify it from a Mapping Type of Single to Operator Or...This was to allow the same folder field definition to be mapped to 2 different application Group Fields...But when I highlight the desired folder field in the FOLDER FIELDS box, the REMOVE option remains grayed out...I even ensure it wasn't mapped to anything in Field Mapping...Does anyone know of a way to "Update" an existing FOLDER FIELD on the Folder definition?

Nolan

• View Profile
Re: Folder update
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2018, 08:38:13 AM »
I don't believe that is supported.  The simple method is.

1. Copy existing folder to a new-temp-folder
2. Make any updates required (as you noted below)
3. Rename or delete the original folder
4. Remane new-temp-folder back to original name

J.

#zOS #AIX #Windows #Multiplatforms
#DB2 #TSM #ODF #zODF #ODWEK
#CapacityPlanning #AFP #ReportDistribution
#Finance #ICN

DDP021

• View Profile
Re: Folder update
« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2018, 08:46:23 AM »
I tried doing the copy...Still wouldn't allow me to remove any existing Folder Field definition...What we are going to try and do is ADD a new Folder Field definition with a similar name, change it to Operator Or for Mapping Type and then in the Field mapping, remove the mapping for the old Folder Field definition that was defined as a Single Mapping type and remap the new Folder Field to the 2 Application Group Fields...We then went into the Field Definition tab and set the query and hit list to 0's so they won't even show when viewing....Kind of a convoluted way of doing things but can't think of anyway else...