Author Topic: ARSYSPIN w/ARSLOAD  (Read 3693 times)

LADJR

• View Profile
ARSYSPIN w/ARSLOAD
« on: May 03, 2018, 09:14:17 AM »
I am attempting to process spool data that does not have an external writer name (WTR) association.  Since we also have a need for backup of the spool content I have elected to implement ARSYSPIN with the "LOADPGM=ARSLOAD" attribute enabled.  The approach envisioned is to run the ARSYSPIN capture file through a process to identify the Application and place it back in spool, with an assigned WTR, for a started task (ARSLOAD) to process.

I have a common Application and ApplicationGroup defined to ARSYSPIN to invoke an AnyStore exit to process the capture file content.  Indexer Information for the common Application is defined to extract the actual ApplicationID and assign it to the "WRITER" parameter of the BPXWDYN subroutine to dynamically allocate a new spool entry with an associated WTR.  From there an ARSLOAD STC would pick the spool entries up and load them into CMOD under the assigned WTR value as the ApplicationID.

Within a capture dataset there can be multiple unique ApplicationIDs.  I had hoped to use BPXWDYN to allocate SYSOUT as described above.  This was based on a concept implemented in the batch environment for a process that is not CMOD related.  In this context, the use of BPXWDYN works exceptionally well.  However, when attempting to use the BPXWDYN within an AnyStore exit the approach seems to be impossible.  This has been attributed to the fact that the AnyStore exit I/O procedure (ARSZ390I) is a DLL, whereas BPXWDYN is not.

Any advice and/or option to get around this issue would be greatly appreciated.

LADJR

• View Profile
Re: ARSYSPIN w/ARSLOAD
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2018, 09:54:48 AM »
Thanks for all the interest in this topic.  I have since resolved the issue and now have a procedure to accomplish the intended results.

Justin Derrick

• IBM Content Manager OnDemand Consultant
  • Administrator
  • CMOD Guru for hire...
    • View Profile
    • Tenacious Consulting
« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2018, 12:35:41 PM »
Can you share your wisdom? 

-JD.
IBM CMOD Professional Services: http://TenaciousConsulting.com
Call:  +1-866-533-7742  or  eMail:  jd@justinderrick.com
IBM CMOD Wiki:  https://CMOD.wiki/
FREE IBM CMOD Education & Webinars:  https://CMOD.Training/

Interests: #AIX #Linux #Multiplatforms #DB2 #TSM #SP #Performance #Security #Audits #Customizing #Availability #HA #DR

LADJR

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2018, 02:15:16 PM »
The issue was that I was attempting to call the CMOD I/O subroutines (ARSZ390ZI) in an AnyStore exit that contained call statements for other subroutines that were not compiled as DLL's.  I created a stand-alone subroutine to accomplish all ARSZ390I I/O and called it from the AnyStore exit.

Now, the only issue I have is that ARSYSPIN does not release the MVS backup file until the STC has been stopped.  Any wisdom in that regard?