Author Topic: documents rotated when viewed in client v. 10.1  (Read 2612 times)

Helle V. Justesen

• View Profile
documents rotated when viewed in client v. 10.1
« on: May 30, 2018, 05:48:31 AM »
Hi
I have just tested client v. 10.1.0.2 (64 bit)  for windows - and some of the document are rotated 90 degrees when they are presented - has any one else had same experience?  I don't have the issue in my v. 9.5.0.4 client

Best regards
Helle V. Justesen

update ...

it seems to be connected to the use of specific pagedef/formdef - can it be that IBM has changed how they interpret the pagedef/formdef members?

I have opened a PMR at IBM
« Last Edit: June 04, 2018, 04:13:22 AM by Helle V. Justesen »

Ed_Arnold

• View Profile
Re: documents rotated when viewed in client v. 10.1
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2018, 11:05:41 AM »
Try the 10.1.0.3 client.

I don't have the readme in front of me, but this sounds somewhat familiar.

Ed
#zOS #ODF

Stephen McNulty

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2018, 09:03:38 AM »
We ran into this issue last year on, the response from IBM was;

If they are using "Autosize" for their Paper Size, that would be the issue. Likely, the page descriptor does not match the physical page. Ricoh (vendor that supplies AFP viewer) changed their algorithm for the orientation calculation of "Autosize" to reflect how the document is actually expected to print. The environment variable "FixedAutoOrientation=TRUE" returns this algorithm to its previous display, but it will do it for all AFP documents.

The customer also has the choice of setting an actual Paper Size instead of using Autosize and then setting the appropriate Orientation.

Ricoh says this algorithm should have always worked this way. So, there is no "fix" coming..
The FixedAutoOrientation=TRUE is a setting that you could add to the MISC section of  ftdport2.ini file.  This can work for the 10.1.0.1 client only.  And you'll need to plan for managing the change as you move forward.
#ISERIES #ODWEK #XML

Helle V. Justesen

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2018, 08:29:51 AM »
the answer from IBM was as Stephen McNulty wrote.
But my experience is that even though I have FixedAutoOrientation=TRUE in the ftdport2.ini file - the documents are still rotated. I also still have an issue with the position of the text on the page - so I need to change zoom to 75 % to be able to view the text in the v. 10.1 client  (see the attachments). Is that caused by the pagedef/formdef used? 

If I change the paper size will that change only affect documents loaded after I change the application or will it also affect the old documents?