Author Topic: PDF Indexer- Graphical indexing issue using wizard.  (Read 2333 times)

azkhan

• View Profile
PDF Indexer- Graphical indexing issue using wizard.
« on: June 11, 2018, 01:50:53 AM »
PDF Indexer- Graphical indexing issue using wizard.
CMOD Version-9.0 on windows machine.
Currently I am facing an issues when using the wizard to create Trigger and Indexes for the PDF document.
After opening sample PDF from the CMOD Admin when trying to highlight the data (by clicking,dragging and holding down mouse) instead of highlighting the selected area nothing is happening. No able to capture TRIGGER nor any INDEX field.
The PDF is not a image one, its a searchable text PDF. We have Adobe Acrobat Professional installed. The arspdf32.api is also present in the plug-in folder. Please can anyone suggest how do I resolve the wizard issue.

jsquizz

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: PDF Indexer- Graphical indexing issue using wizard.
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2018, 06:17:30 AM »
ive seen that you have to actually have to draw the box a bit bigger than the field. I dont have any text based PDF files handy otherwise I would show you.

It's been like this since I started in CMOD..2009/2010..
#CMOD #DB2 #AFP2PDF #TSM #AIX #RHEL #AWS #AZURE #GCP #EVERYTHING

azkhan

• View Profile
Re: PDF Indexer- Graphical indexing issue using wizard.
« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2018, 11:24:19 PM »
Hi jsquizz,

Thanks for the reply, yes when selecting a bigger box I am able to capture the values.
In our scenario we have to capture 45 field values, out of which around 20 field values are not printed in PDF text area. So we are planning to place all the fields the header area of the PDF document page. And because of which selecting a larger box is becoming a bit challenging.

Also we have batch a pdf which has multiple policy pages, can the PDF indexer identify start and end of each policy. Is there any page break mechanism I can use to ingest one policy as one row in CMOD? Please suggest

Thanks,
Azkhan