Author Topic: Indexing issues  (Read 435 times)

DDP021

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Posts: 278
    • View Profile
Indexing issues
« on: September 26, 2018, 04:17:27 AM »
Hi,  We have an app that wants to start sending a mainframe file directly to our server.  Currently its run though a mainframe job that creates the output and sends it CMOD.  So the file they send us shows carriage control characters (1) at top of every page.  We ran the file through the report wizard to get the indexing values.  When we ingest the file, it APPEARS to be indexing correctly but when you open up each index itself, they contain ALL the pages in the file...I've attached the indexer and also screen shot of the results when we pull up the version.  I also attached a screen shot of the VIEW INFORMATION tab on the Application definition...As indicated, when you click on each of the indexes, they all show the same thing.  The full file itself.  we can't figured out what the issue is.  any ideas??

Justin Derrick

  • IBM Content Manager OnDemand Consultant
  • Administrator
  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 1710
  • CMOD Guru for hire...
    • View Profile
    • Tenacious Consulting
Re: Indexing issues
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2018, 04:56:15 AM »
Sounds like your Trigger is ambiguous -- causing it to index every page.  Usually you look for something that only occurs once per report / document.  Like "Page 1 ". (Note the trailing space, so it doesn't index pages 10, 11, 12 ... 100 - 199, 1000-1999, etc.)

-JD.
#Install, #Educate, #Repair, #Upgrade, #Migrate, #Enhance, #Optimize.

IBM CMOD Professional Services: http://TenaciousConsulting.com
Call:  +1-866-533-7742  or  eMail:  jd@justinderrick.com
IBM CMOD Wiki:  https://CMOD.wiki/

Interests: #AIX #Linux #Multiplatforms #DB2 #TSM #SA #Performance #Security #Audits #Customizing #Availability #HA #DR #Training

DDP021

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Posts: 278
    • View Profile
Re: Indexing issues
« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2018, 05:16:14 AM »
HMMMM...The trigger we are using for doing the actual indexes is TRIGGER2....We look for the word ACCOUNT.  In the indexer we used for the mainframe file, we had this trigger set with a RECORDRANGE only looking in the first 6 lines.  If we left it as is, looking in ANY row in column 2 it would find it down the page certain times...

TRIGGER2=*,2,X'4143434F554E543A',(TYPE=FLOAT)                     /* ACCOUNT:     */

The other Trigger is just for channel 1
TRIGGER1=*,1,X'31',(TYPE=GROUP) 

And the last one is for the POSTING DATE because its only on the first page...The one works as we are getting that date for POSTING DATE and not the ingestion date...

so from this, do you think its the TRIGGER 2 causing the problem even though the index fields are being captured???

DDP021

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Posts: 278
    • View Profile
Re: Indexing issues
« Reply #3 on: September 26, 2018, 07:55:18 AM »
Justin, I found my issue...The data had a lead page that wasn't a page with any indexing fields. Its only at the top of the file.....When I ran things through the wizard initially, I used the channel 1 for Trigger one from that lead page.  I then attempted to create my second trigger used for indexing the 19 fields from the second page which was based off of Trigger 1..With that lead page only being found once, it never found my second trigger again...Which goes back to your initial response indicating the trigger was ambiguous..;-)...The only thing needed off the first page was the date...So what I did was use the 1 on page 2 as my TRIGGER 1 and then from there, went down and got and found my second trigger and did a record range because it can fall anywhere between line 1 and 6 from the top of page...I was then able to capture my fields based off of trigger 2...For the date, I created a THIRD trigger, based off of Trigger 1 (going negative 18 lines) to find "for Date:" on the first page...Then went from there to get the actual date format for the fields...Hope this all makes sense!!!...As soon as you mention the ambiguous trigger it made me look closer at the trigger I was using for my indexing fields...Something clicked in my head to try and start everything from the second page and not the first!!  Appreciate the help to kick start my brain!!! take care

FYI- Ive attached a same of the first 2 pages of the file...

Dave

Justin Derrick

  • IBM Content Manager OnDemand Consultant
  • Administrator
  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 1710
  • CMOD Guru for hire...
    • View Profile
    • Tenacious Consulting
Re: Indexing issues
« Reply #4 on: September 27, 2018, 05:04:02 AM »
Excellent. Thanks for posting your solution as well.  It's always nice to be able to have solutions, and not just questions here on the forums.  :D

-JD.
#Install, #Educate, #Repair, #Upgrade, #Migrate, #Enhance, #Optimize.

IBM CMOD Professional Services: http://TenaciousConsulting.com
Call:  +1-866-533-7742  or  eMail:  jd@justinderrick.com
IBM CMOD Wiki:  https://CMOD.wiki/

Interests: #AIX #Linux #Multiplatforms #DB2 #TSM #SA #Performance #Security #Audits #Customizing #Availability #HA #DR #Training