Author Topic: POSTING DATE ISSUE  (Read 2130 times)

DDP021

• View Profile
POSTING DATE ISSUE
« on: October 30, 2018, 05:37:35 AM »
we have an old mainframe report we are attempting to load to CMOD9.5 using an ACIF indexer..Appoxed 45 versions...We've respun the data to a mainframe dataset...We need to capture the date on the report.  Unfortunately its not on EVERY page of the report and the pages it is on it can move up and down lines...It is on the first page in this format (February 28, 2010) ...Is there a way to only look on the first page to get the date?  in the past I've had the scenario where the date is ONLY on the first page and I've set up a separate trigger to capture it and by removing the small 't' on the application definition...Tried doing that with this report going off of PAGE   1 as the trigger....Unfortunately, with this report other page 1's don't have the date on it so it fails..How can I force it to only look on the first page for the date?  There's no other fixed data on the page that's unique to only the first page to go off of for the date...These files are huge so we can't even manually add something ourselves to the first page..Goes to BROWSE SUBSTITUDED...Only other option is to manually update the DEFAULT value on the Application definition for POSTING date...

Greg Ira

• View Profile
Re: POSTING DATE ISSUE
« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2018, 05:20:38 AM »
Did you try using a mask or regular expression for the date?  Assuming there is no other date is the same column elsewhere in the docs
Might be a little tricky coming up with a mask for that date format but if you're not on z/OS you could use a regular expression instead.

DDP021

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2018, 05:40:08 AM »
Finding the date in the same column else where on the file is a possibility...These dataset files are huge.....We decided just to manually update the default Posting Date field on the APP and load each file one at a time with the matching date on each file...These are one time loads to get old data onto CMOD..Once they are all loaded (approx. 45 or so) then we're done...Could probably get them all loaded in the time it would take to 'possibly' get something coded to work...Just was  asking to see if I was missing something simple to do..Thanks Greg for the input!!!!  Take care....Dave

jsquizz

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 31, 2018, 06:18:11 AM »
Based on the amount of work I'd probably put into this playing with masks, I'd goto your business and see if they can place the date in a consistent spot.

I've never had an issue asking for that :)
#CMOD #DB2 #AFP2PDF #TSM #AIX #RHEL #AWS #AZURE #GCP #EVERYTHING