Author Topic: Updated CMOD version Not Reflecting with arssockd -I ARCHIVE -q  (Read 1746 times)

mroutlander

• View Profile
Updated CMOD version Not Reflecting with arssockd -I ARCHIVE -q
« on: December 05, 2018, 04:34:51 AM »
Greetings everyone,
We recently upgraded CMOD (installed on one of our AIX 7.1 systems) from v9.0.0.3 v9.5.0.11. All the pre-requisites were met and the installation steps went fine on the day of the upgrade and when I used arssockd -I ARCHIVE -q it showed me the correct version number (v9.5.0.11). All the relevant symlinks and paths were updated too.

However, when I logged back into the system today and queried arssockd -I ARCHIVE -q again, it threw the old version number (9.0.0.3). I checked if any of the scripts/symlinks/environment variables were still pointing to 9.0.0.3. It was found that the PATH variable in $HOME/.profile was pointing to the 9.0 setup. I rectified the same but am still seeing the old version on querying.

Weirdly enough, when I miss the -q flag, the system outputs the upgraded version:

Code: [Select]
/home/adminod > arssockd -I ARCHIVE | head -20
ARS0980I Usage: arssockd [options]
        Version:  9.5.0.11
        -h <od_inst> OnDemand instance name or host name (same as -I)
        -I <od_inst> OnDemand instance name or host name (same as -h)
        . . .
        . . .

What might be wrong/missing? Any suggestions will be much appreciated.

EDIT: When I invoke arsload to ingest a standalone file, the server version comes up as 9.0.0.3. This is crazy  :-X

/arsacif/filestobeloaded > arsload -h localhost -I ARCHIVE -u adminod -p xxxxx -g AGNAME -a AppName AGNAME.AppName.20181205.063536.ARD

2018-12-05 06:44:38.808252: ARS4334I Load Version <9.5.0.11>  Operating System <AIX> <7.1>  OS Userid <ADMINOD>  Install Location </opt/IBM/ondemand/V9.5/> Data(unlimited KB) Stack(unlimited KB) Core(0 512-blocks) Cpu(unlimited seconds) File(unlimited 512-blocks) Nofiles(unlimited) Threads(262144) Processes(262144)
2018-12-05 06:44:38.808300: ARS4335I Server Version <9.0.0.3> Operating System <AIX> <7.1>  Database <DB2> <10.05.0010>

Also, the same set of installation steps were performed on another server (the QA box) and it is absolutely fine. Displays the correct version number too (with arssockd -I ARCHIVE -q)

Warm regards,
AP
« Last Edit: December 05, 2018, 04:56:00 AM by mroutlander »

Justin Derrick

• IBM Content Manager OnDemand Consultant
  • Administrator
  • CMOD Guru for hire...
    • View Profile
    • Tenacious Consulting
Re: Updated CMOD version Not Reflecting with arssockd -I ARCHIVE -q
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2018, 06:03:15 AM »
This just sounds like an issue with your PATH.  You probably need to log in again.

However, the best way forward is to completely uninstall v9.0, so that it *cannot* be run.

Also, you might want to know that FixPack 12 is out for CMOD v9.5.  https://cmod.wiki/index.php?title=Main_Page#IBM_CMOD_Fixpacks_.26_Security_Bulletins

-JD.
IBM CMOD Professional Services: http://TenaciousConsulting.com
Call:  +1-866-533-7742  or  eMail:  jd@justinderrick.com
IBM CMOD Wiki:  https://CMOD.wiki/
FREE IBM CMOD Education & Webinars:  https://CMOD.Training/

Interests: #AIX #Linux #Multiplatforms #DB2 #TSM #SP #Performance #Security #Audits #Customizing #Availability #HA #DR

mroutlander

• View Profile
Re: Updated CMOD version Not Reflecting with arssockd -I ARCHIVE -q
« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2018, 08:53:02 AM »
Thanks for responding, Justin! I logged out and logged back 4-5 times, the first time I saw this. Didn't make a difference. Was wondering if terminating the CMOD instance and then restarting it would help? This is the PROD instance and while we are not getting any errors processing input files, it is unclear as to which arssockd instance is running. Here is what's making me lose it:

/home/adminod> ls -l `which arssockd`
-r-xr-xr-x    1 adminod sysctrl    11964020 Apr 23 2018  /opt/IBM/ondemand/V9.5/bin/arssockd
/home/adminod>

Upgrading to 9.5.0.12 would be another set of changes DEV --> QA --> PROD and might take a while. Not sure if the customer would agree to it.