Author Topic: HELP!  (Read 1909 times)

DDP021

• View Profile
HELP!
« on: December 13, 2018, 12:34:35 PM »
Ok, I'm about to pull my hair out here...We have a report where we were getting all the indexes off of one page.  We were using one of the fields (ACCOUNT) as a trigger and  then going from there to get the other indexes...We had to use set it as a FLOAT with a Record Range 

TRIGGER2=*,2,X'4143434F554E543A',(TYPE=GROUP,RECORDRANGE=(1,8))     /* ACCOUNT:     */   

What happened was on some of the files, this word ACCOUNT falls on a page in the same position that's not an index page which caused it to fail...What we TRIED to so is use the next line below ACCOUNT which is also fields....All we did was update the trigger line with the new HEX value for the new Trigger (CORR. BIC)

TRIGGER2=*,2,X'C3D6D9D94B40C2C9C3',(TYPE=GROUP,RECORDRANGE=(1,9))      /* CORR. BIC */

We then adjusted the lines on the FIELDS to go off the new trigger..Which meant decreasing each field by one   ...But since doing this, we cant get anything to load...This is all we get in the 88 MSG

APK440I ACIF AT IPTR923 HAS COMPLETED NORMALLY WITH RETURN CODE 0.
ARS4308I Indexing completed
ARS4312I Loading started, 15762 bytes to process
ARS1146I Loaded 0 rows into the database
ARS4311E Loading failed

For the life of me cant understand why it wont load anything now just by changing the trigger and field positions...Just to test again, we even tried using the field below (SPECIAL) as the new trigger, made the FIELD position changes and it still gets the generic failure...Wish it would give SOME kind of information on the actual error!!

I've attached the page we are using for indexing

Stephen McNulty

• View Profile
Re: HELP!
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2018, 05:58:15 AM »
can you show all the details from the indexing parameters ?
after adjusting the FIELDS, how does it look in the graphical indexer ?
#ISERIES #ODWEK #XML

DDP021

• View Profile
Re: HELP!
« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2018, 06:14:22 AM »
We run this data through the report wizard..Its txt file so its setup as LINE data with a RECFM of Steam (0A)...With thought we could just change the trigger directly from the indexer setup on the application definition..But after trying different fields as a new trigger it always got the same 88 msg...So what we ended up doing is running the data again through the report wizard and highlighting and then setting the new trigger...then ran through the rest of the process defining all the fields and indexes...After doing so, the file ingested successfully...Thanks for responding!