Author Topic: Ondemand LibSrvr (ARCHIVE) service not starting at the first time.  (Read 1930 times)

Abhishek Gupta

Hi,

I am facing an issue wherein the Ondemand LibSrvr (ARCHIVE) service is failing to start.

We have configured Microsoft cluster and all the DB2 resources are configured under a role.
Now, we have db2apre and db2cpost scripts configured as well which takes care of the starting/stopping of Ondemand LibSrvr (ARCHIVE) service whenever we do failover/failback of the db2 resources from primary OD server to secondary OD server.

The issue here is when we do a failover of db2 resources from primary to secondary, everything works fine and all the db2 and OD services are getting started properly on secondary OD server, but when we move the db2 resources back to primary server, only db2 service is coming up and the Ondemand LibSrvr (ARCHIVE) service is failing to come back at the first attempt.

OD Version  : 10.1.0.0
DB2 Version : 11.1.2020

Please suggest.

Thanks
Abhishek

Ed_Arnold

• View Profile
Re: Ondemand LibSrvr (ARCHIVE) service not starting at the first time.
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2018, 08:35:14 AM »
Abhishek - this is not my area, but I do want to recommend upgrading to 10.1.0.4.

Running at the base level (10.1.0.0) and trying anything sophisticated...no sense trying to debug something that may already have been fixed.

Ed
#zOS #ODF

Abhishek Gupta

« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2019, 07:55:30 AM »
Hi,

I am not sure about the fix pack suggested over here because in our lower test environment we have the same 10.1.0.0 version of OD and the functionality of failover/failback of OD resources between active and passive OD servers works absolutely fine.

Thanks
Abhishek

Justin Derrick

• IBM Content Manager OnDemand Consultant
  • Administrator
  • CMOD Guru for hire...
    • View Profile
    • Tenacious Consulting
« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2019, 04:41:06 AM »
It's less about "working fine right now" and more about "keeping it working fine in the future".  :)  It is...  ...how can I be diplomatic...  strenuously not recommended...  to put a *.0 version into production, when so many bugs have already been fixed and are readily available in fixpacks that take less than 10 minutes to apply.

-JD.
IBM CMOD Professional Services: http://TenaciousConsulting.com
Call:  +1-866-533-7742  or  eMail:  jd@justinderrick.com
IBM CMOD Wiki:  https://CMOD.wiki/
FREE IBM CMOD Education & Webinars:  https://CMOD.Training/

Interests: #AIX #Linux #Multiplatforms #DB2 #TSM #SP #Performance #Security #Audits #Customizing #Availability #HA #DR

Abhishek Gupta

« Reply #4 on: February 12, 2019, 03:19:52 PM »
Hmmm, I can go ahead and apply the fix pack 4 available as suggested by JD. However, it is still something which is mysterious to understand why a simple net start command does not start up the Ondemand library service during the failback from passive OD to active OD.

Anyways, I will try recommending to go with the OD fix pack 4  :)

\\
Abhishek