Author Topic: Full Text Search  (Read 2211 times)

Alessandro Perucchi

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Full Text Search
« on: March 08, 2019, 03:56:39 AM »
Hello everyone,

I have found today that the CSS for FileNet and the FTS for OnDemand seems to be really the same. And I was wondering if the CMOD can use the CSS and FileNet the FTS?
Has someone tried it? Then would be the question of Licenses, of course, but beside that aspect, I am wondering if OD FTS == FileNet CS or not ????
Alessandro Perucchi

#Install #Migrations #Conversion #Educate #Repair #Upgrade #Migrate #Enhance #Optimize #AIX #Linux #Multiplatforms #DB2 #Windows #Oracle #TSM #Tivoli #Performance #Audits #Customizing #Availability #HA #DR #JavaApi #ContentNavigator #ICN #WEBi #ODWEK #Services #PDF #AFP #XML

Justin Derrick

• IBM Content Manager OnDemand Consultant
  • Administrator
  • CMOD Guru for hire...
    • View Profile
    • Tenacious Consulting
Re: Full Text Search
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2019, 05:59:27 AM »
I'm under the impression that IBM CMOD Full Text Search is based on Apache Lucene.  Is FileNet CSS the same engine under a different shell?

-JD.
IBM CMOD Professional Services: http://TenaciousConsulting.com
Call:  +1-866-533-7742  or  eMail:  jd@justinderrick.com
IBM CMOD Wiki:  https://CMOD.wiki/
FREE IBM CMOD Education & Webinars:  https://CMOD.Training/

Interests: #AIX #Linux #Multiplatforms #DB2 #TSM #SP #Performance #Security #Audits #Customizing #Availability #HA #DR

Alessandro Perucchi

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2019, 06:27:57 AM »
I'm under the impression that IBM CMOD Full Text Search is based on Apache Lucene.  Is FileNet CSS the same engine under a different shell?

CSS is also using Apache Lucene.
And the tools from both product seems exactly 1:1 the same. That is why I was in the impression that both product are the same.
But I am not 100% sure! That was my question, if someone knows that, and if yes, can we use one instead of the other, etc...
Alessandro Perucchi

#Install #Migrations #Conversion #Educate #Repair #Upgrade #Migrate #Enhance #Optimize #AIX #Linux #Multiplatforms #DB2 #Windows #Oracle #TSM #Tivoli #Performance #Audits #Customizing #Availability #HA #DR #JavaApi #ContentNavigator #ICN #WEBi #ODWEK #Services #PDF #AFP #XML

Lars Bencze

• CMOD Expert at Skandia
    • View Profile
    • INACTIVE - Bezland Consulting
« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2020, 02:42:06 AM »
Hi, I have read somewhere that it IS indeed the same Search Server. But that was a long time ago, so one of the products may have exchanged it's Search Server Engine/vendor since then. Unfortunately, neither I nor one of my colleagues have tested if it is possible to run one FTS server for both FileNet and CMOD. But according to some old docs, it "should" work.
I'll leave the license question unanswered - FTS is a paid option for CMOD, I believe? Whereas for FileNet it is not?
I'll let you know if we install one. :thumbsup:
OnDemand for MP expert. #Multiplatforms #Admin #Scripts #Performance #Support #Architecture #PDFIndexing #TSM/SP #DB2 #CustomSolutions #Integration #UserExits #Migrations #Workflow #ECM #Cloud #ODApi