Author Topic: How to Identify FIELD is UPDATEABLE from the Database  (Read 2297 times)

yousuf_gani

• View Profile
How to Identify FIELD is UPDATEABLE from the Database
« on: April 02, 2019, 03:02:35 AM »
Hi,
I need to find from the OD-Database table (ARASAGFLD) what are the FIELDS are UPDATABLE/SEGMENTED/INDEXED/EXPIRE

From the MASK field value(Vectored) I see the each APPL_GROUPs FIELD attributes value set based on "Segmented/Indexed/Updatable/Expire_date"

I refered this WIKI https://cmod.wiki/index.php?title=Content_Manager_OnDemand_Database_Tables
Not sure this is valid for all the CMOD Version like 8.5,9.0,9.5

But how to identify if the FIELD are SEGMENTED/INDEXED/UPDATABLEB/EXPIRE_DATE without manually checking from the ADMIN console.

Could anybody please help with the SQL.

Just a note:I tried but not sure this is correct and UPDATEABLE field is not working
        case bitand((agfld.mask),4)
          when 4 then 'SEGMENTED'
          else 'NOT SEGEMENTED'
        End as Segmented_Field,

case bitand((agfld.mask),1)
          when 0 then 'INDEXED_TYPE'
          else 'FILER_TYPE'
        End as INDEXED_Field,

case bitand((agfld.mask),16)
          when 16 then 'EXPIRY_FIELD'
          else 'NON_EXPIRY_FIELD'
        End as 'EXPIRY_Field,   

Thaks for your help and support.

Justin Derrick

• IBM Content Manager OnDemand Consultant
  • Administrator
  • CMOD Guru for hire...
    • View Profile
    • Tenacious Consulting
Re: How to Identify FIELD is UPDATEABLE from the Database
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2019, 04:58:29 AM »
If at all possible, you should be exporting the XML config for the Application Group, and parsing the XML.  The values of the vectored fields are subject to change without notice, and have changed in the not-too-distant past.

-JD.
IBM CMOD Professional Services: http://TenaciousConsulting.com
Call:  +1-866-533-7742  or  eMail:  jd@justinderrick.com
IBM CMOD Wiki:  https://CMOD.wiki/
FREE IBM CMOD Education & Webinars:  https://CMOD.Training/

Interests: #AIX #Linux #Multiplatforms #DB2 #TSM #SP #Performance #Security #Audits #Customizing #Availability #HA #DR

yousuf_gani

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2019, 05:04:49 AM »
Thanks Justin,
So no way to pick it up from the DB field value? for atleast version 9.5 / 8.5 separately? if no option then I will have the ARSXML export and parsing as Alternative option please.

thanks for your help and support.

Alessandro Perucchi

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2019, 04:36:27 AM »
Thanks Justin,
So no way to pick it up from the DB field value? for atleast version 9.5 / 8.5 separately? if no option then I will have the ARSXML export and parsing as Alternative option please.

thanks for your help and support.

Of course you can do it. Nobody will do anything to stop you from doing it.
But it is considered as not supported.

And from one version to another it can change without anybody telling you (release notes) that something has changed, since this is internal not documented information. IBM can change it at any time.

the official way to do that is really to use the XML as Justin rightly suggested.

If you don't need it, because you need it for some "one shot" action, I suggest that you take one field value without the updateable setting, do a select of that field in the DB.
Change the setting with your admin client/xml, and redo the select, and try to find which bit(s) is/are changed.

As an information, if your field is "updateable", then it doesn't mean you can update the field, your user needs also to have the update right.
Alessandro Perucchi

#Install #Migrations #Conversion #Educate #Repair #Upgrade #Migrate #Enhance #Optimize #AIX #Linux #Multiplatforms #DB2 #Windows #Oracle #TSM #Tivoli #Performance #Audits #Customizing #Availability #HA #DR #JavaApi #ContentNavigator #ICN #WEBi #ODWEK #Services #PDF #AFP #XML

Ed_Arnold

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 28, 2019, 09:13:56 AM »
Don't know if this is related at all but 9.5.0.12 contains the following fix:

PH02139 - The arsdoc/CommonStore API update fails with
                "Field not updateable" message

Ed
#zOS #ODF