Author Topic: Is Retrieval preview User Exit available on the iSeries?  (Read 3551 times)

Joe Wolken

• CMOD iSeries Consultant
    • View Profile
    • OAS Corp.
Is Retrieval preview User Exit available on the iSeries?
« on: July 02, 2019, 10:54:52 AM »
I see references in the Multiplatform and Z platform documentation to the Client Preview User Exit.  I can not find similar documentation in the System i platform documentation.  Is this User Exit supported on the System i implementation of CMOD?  If so, can someone point me to the documentation for this exit?  Are there examples included with the product? If not, does anyone have a working sample code they could share?

I have an interest in trying to do some customized redaction on some OnDemand archived documents.

Thanks,
Joe
#Installation #Upgrade #Migration #Administration #Integration #Customization #Training, and more!

Call: 512-402-1123
email: wolkenj@oascorp.com 
Click: http://www.OASCorp.com

greghidalgo

• View Profile
Re: Is Retrieval preview User Exit available on the iSeries?
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2019, 01:26:58 PM »
Hello Joe, the option for a preview exit is enabled in the OD Admin client when connected to the iSeries. It is in the Application on the Miscellaneous Options tab - and the help text says:
Use Preview Exit
For Multiplatforms, z/OS, and IBM i servers, this option enables the retrieval preview user exit for the application. If this option is selected, a user-written program is called for each document that is retrieved from the server. Any information that is specified in the Parameters field is sent to the user-written program.
I'm doing some research to find out more.   
#odiseries #iOS

greghidalgo

• View Profile
Re: Is Retrieval preview User Exit available on the iSeries?
« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2019, 11:53:05 AM »
Here's what I've learned. 
In the Application definition, you check the box and you can indicate parameters to be passed to the preview exit.
At the iSeries- create a symlnk to your program.  The symlnk should be ARSUPREP  and the symlnk should be pointing to whatever program you are going to call.
I can only point you to the ARSUSEC as example of the symlnk setup - no sample/example of a preview exit program, sorry.
Maybe that can give you a starting place (?).
#odiseries #iOS