Author Topic: ICN fronting CMOD Hangs up for LARGE Files - How to Control??  (Read 1689 times)

tjspencer2

• View Profile
ICN fronting CMOD Hangs up for LARGE Files - How to Control??
« on: August 07, 2019, 01:04:03 PM »
So I'm using ICN 3.0.3 to front my CMOD 9.5 MP platform.  My primary use of the platform is for storing PDF statements for internal and external customers.  We've encountered an issue where large PDF statement files > 200 MB will completely hang our platform up if a user attempts to view via Navigator.  While these statement sizes are few and far between, I've had my platform compromised/completely hung up a couple of times recently by this use case.   While there is a governor in the Admin panel to limit the size of files returned, this is NOT valid for CMOD, and ICN will try to present the CMOD statement regardless of the size you set there. I updated this previous line as I have found that there is no OOTB governor to restrict the size of files returned by ICN ONLY to limit the size of files converted to PDF. I am using the Standard Daeja ViewONE viewer instead of associating the PDF file to Adobe.  I think I'm going to see if this doesn't help performance.  I don't have much say in the files that get loaded to the platform - they are what they are - most are just a couple of pages, but I have instances of the exception all the way up to 5,000+ pages and 500 MB, which just hang my platform.
« Last Edit: August 09, 2019, 09:41:59 AM by tjspencer2 »

tjspencer2

• View Profile
Re: ICN fronting CMOD Hangs up for LARGE Files - How to Control??
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2019, 02:51:05 PM »
Content Navigator team told me to upgrade to ICN 3.0.6 and take advantage of the client side Daeja rendering - lightweight and fast.  They also said there is no governor that you can put into place to preclude large statements from being presented.