Author Topic: Archiving AS/400 physical file data with Common Server OnDemand  (Read 5560 times)

JStone

We are currently using Spool File Archive to archive our physical file data straight from the AS/400 to optical disk. Since we are upgrading to V6R1 we need to start using Common Server to archive these files. All IBM material we read does not mention how to archive physical data files off the AS/400. Can we use the ARSLOAD API? Has anyone done this with Common Server? If so please share how this is done.

Carol Allen

Re: Archiving AS/400 physical file data with Common Server OnDemand
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2009, 08:35:57 AM »
Hi,
I have some questions about this question.  The only way to archive physical file data was with Object Archive, which hasn't been supported for a while -- so I hope that's not what you're using.  Or, do you copy spool files to physical files specify *FCFC for the control characters and then use the STRCDSRDAR command to archive those files?  If that's the case (meaning you're really archiving spool files, it's just that they've been copied to physical files), then you can use the ADDRPTOND command in Common Server.  Please call me if you want to talk about this -- 919-227-3722.

JStone

Re: Archiving AS/400 physical file data with Common Server OnDemand
« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2009, 11:50:11 AM »
We are actually taking the physical file adding keys to it in QTEMP and storing with the anystore API.