Author Topic: issue with ODWEK, ICN and adding fix pack  (Read 2097 times)

bruce.mchendry

• View Profile
issue with ODWEK, ICN and adding fix pack
« on: December 04, 2019, 02:53:32 PM »
Hi,
We were working on an upgrade of ICN in prep to get our v9.5 CMOD upgraded to v10. I downloaded the linux binaries ( new ICN instances are on RHL 5.5) for both CMOD 9.5 and then the FP to go to v9.5.0.4 which matches our CMOD app server. The base 9.5 install went fine but the fix pack kept failing. When it did it was coming back with the message that the base 9.5 could not be found. The middleware guys doing the install did check directories etc but can't seem to get past this error. One idea tossed around was what would be the impact of not installing the FP even though the app server is v9.5.0.4. Bearing in mind I know very little about ICN. They have opened a ticket with IBM's ICN team since they manage that environment but I thought the collective wisdom here might have some insights too.
Thanks !
Bruce McHendry
Business Systems Consultant

Ed_Arnold

• View Profile
Re: issue with ODWEK, ICN and adding fix pack
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2019, 07:26:16 AM »
Seems like something must be fundamentally wrong with the 9.5 install.

I'd be nervous until I got it rectified.  But then again, I'm a worry-wart by nature.   :-\ 

Ed
« Last Edit: December 05, 2019, 12:48:46 PM by Ed_Arnold »
#zOS #ODF

bruce.mchendry

• View Profile
Re: issue with ODWEK, ICN and adding fix pack
« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2019, 08:52:14 AM »
Thanks and I agree. I think the middleware guys are going to have to start over again. Suppose it may have been a little easier if the ODWEK was a separate piece because I think that's all they really need. Either way It'll be up to them to fix and deliver.
Cheers
Bruce McHendry
Business Systems Consultant