Author Topic: trying to deploy ICN3.0.5 with 10.1  (Read 2237 times)

jsquizz

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
trying to deploy ICN3.0.5 with 10.1
« on: December 14, 2019, 10:54:43 AM »
Hi All, I am trying to deploy cmod 10.1 with ICN 3.0.5.. everything is installed.. Getting this error-

Installation directory: The ODAPI.jar file is not in the specified folder. Ensure that the Content Manager OnDemand Web Enablement Kit is installed and that the directory is correct.

I pointed the WebSphere classpath to /opt/ibm/ondemand/V10.1/www/api   and change the path in icn configmgr to reflect this. still not working. I even tried uppercase and lowercase ODAPI.jar.

Any ideas why this isn't finding the jar file?
#CMOD #DB2 #AFP2PDF #TSM #AIX #RHEL #AWS #AZURE #GCP #EVERYTHING

jsquizz

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: trying to deploy ICN3.0.5 with 10.1
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2019, 04:25:14 PM »
Don't need the /api. Just www.

Ed_Arnold

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2019, 10:54:05 AM »
I may be completely off base with this reply, but as my nephew the veterinarian often says, "Couldn't hurt, might help."

This is a very ROUGH DRAFT of some into I'm getting ready to publish.

Problem:

ODWEK upgraded to 10.1.0.5 and getting java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError: ars3wapi32 (Not found in java.library.path).

Discussion:

In the past following this Technote - https://www.ibm.com/support/pages/how-do-i-resolve-javalangunsatisfiedlinkerror-javalangnoclassdeffounderror-or-gskit-errors-when-deploying-odwek-java-api-application - resolved the error.

The installations do have class path, path and library path pointing to correct directories.

In addition the installations ran ldd on ODWEK libraries and receive no errors.

Also, no java upgrade was involved.

Did something change?

Resolution:

Yes, something did change at ODWEK V10.1.0.5.  There is now a reliance on the gson jar file.

In the readme for 10.1.0.5 is the following:

Customer applications that are using the ODWEK Java APIs will need to include the Gson jar file, with path, in the CLASSPATH for their application.

This jar file ships with Content Manager OnDemand and can be found in the jars subdirectory of the Content Manager OnDemand install location.

The file name for Gson version 2.8.1 is gson-2.8.1.jar and can be found in the <CMOD install directory>/jars directory, where CMOD install directory is your Content Manager OnDemand installation directory.

Note: Is there a need to copy gson file to the same directory where ODAPI.jar located as identified in 10.1.0.1 readme?  No.  Just make sure it’s in the classpath.

Ed
#zOS #ODF

jsquizz

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 16, 2019, 01:34:00 PM »
seems like it worked fine with just pointing it to /opt/ibm/ondemand/V10.1/www and setting the classpath in websphere