Author Topic: arsdoc retrieve too slow AIX 7.1 CMOD 9.5 DB10.5  (Read 6105 times)

jfgonzalez

• View Profile
Re: arsdoc retrieve too slow AIX 7.1 CMOD 9.5 DB10.5
« Reply #15 on: November 29, 2019, 05:10:54 PM »
You mentioned that you are exporting from one environment, and these images (IMG1-3) are from when you load them back into the new environment, correct?

No.  The images (IMG1-3) are from the original loads to the "old" environment

It looks like you are loading them using, hmm, the "Graphical PDF Indexer", correct? Or are you using "Internal indexing" (PPDs)?

Yes, in the original load we used the Graphical PDF Indexer.

The load process spends HUGE amounts of time indexing. Therefore, one way to speed up the load would be to use the -g flag during export (arsdoc get ... -g = Create generic indexer file), and then to use the flags -X G (="Find a generic indexing file") during arsload.

Yes, the files were loaded with pdf indexer originally, but to retrieve them from the original environment we're using the generic indexer (with -g flag). To load on the new environment we're using the flag -X -G.

I don't know if I create a file with the generic indexer it has to do something with the type of compression in the PDF file that originally loaded. Is there a way to change the type of compression once is already loaded? the development team says it's  an OD77 compression

Sorry for the delay

jfgonzalez

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 24, 2020, 11:17:09 AM »
Hi,

Sorry for refloating the thread, but we still have the problem.

We have detected that the arsdump program varies too much in the execution times, it does not matter if it is from the ICN, the Windows client or the arsdoc.

Search is fast for all applications, queries in DB apparently respond the same way for all applications. But it takes almost 3 times longer when recovery is invoked with the arsdump program (from ICN, Windows Client, arsdoc).

What can we do to investigate the cause of this? Is there a way to modify the execution parameters of arsdump?

jsquizz

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 24, 2020, 01:37:17 PM »
Hi,

Sorry for refloating the thread, but we still have the problem.

We have detected that the arsdump program varies too much in the execution times, it does not matter if it is from the ICN, the Windows client or the arsdoc.

Search is fast for all applications, queries in DB apparently respond the same way for all applications. But it takes almost 3 times longer when recovery is invoked with the arsdump program (from ICN, Windows Client, arsdoc).

What can we do to investigate the cause of this? Is there a way to modify the execution parameters of arsdump?

Anything else happening in your system logs when these retrieves are slow?
#CMOD #DB2 #AFP2PDF #TSM #AIX #RHEL #AWS #AZURE #GCP #EVERYTHING

jfgonzalez

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 26, 2020, 04:28:08 AM »
Hi jsquizz,

Nothing really is observed, only the exaggerated recovery time for the documents for the application group PAN_EstadoCuentaRetail.

I attached the file from SystemLog where "Message" column can be filtered by:
PAN_EstadoCtaTC (fast retrival time)
CRI_EstadoCtaTC (fast retrival time)

PAN_EstadoCuentaRetail (slow retrival time)

thanks in advance!
« Last Edit: March 26, 2020, 05:48:53 AM by jsquizz »

Justin Derrick

• IBM Content Manager OnDemand Consultant
  • Administrator
  • CMOD Guru for hire...
    • View Profile
    • Tenacious Consulting
« Reply #19 on: March 26, 2020, 05:18:33 AM »
Just out of curiousity, is Tivoli Storage Manager or Spectrum Protect installed on the server?

You can provide the output of: 

Code: [Select]
lslpp -l |grep -i tsm
and

lslpp -l |grep -i tivoli
To show us which TSM / Tivoli products are installed on your AIX server where CMOD is running.

-JD.
IBM CMOD Professional Services: http://TenaciousConsulting.com
Call:  +1-866-533-7742  or  eMail:  jd@justinderrick.com
IBM CMOD Wiki:  https://CMOD.wiki/
FREE IBM CMOD Education & Webinars:  https://CMOD.Training/

Interests: #AIX #Linux #Multiplatforms #DB2 #TSM #SP #Performance #Security #Audits #Customizing #Availability #HA #DR

jsquizz

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 26, 2020, 05:52:21 AM »
Hi jsquizz,

Nothing really is observed, only the exaggerated recovery time for the documents for the application group PAN_EstadoCuentaRetail.

I attached the file from SystemLog where "Message" column can be filtered by:
PAN_EstadoCtaTC (fast retrival time)
CRI_EstadoCtaTC (fast retrival time)

PAN_EstadoCuentaRetail (slow retrival time)

thanks in advance!

Was looking down the path of excessive logging, an issue I've seen bite two clients in the past and cause tons of issues. Looks like you're not doing it and your system log is clean.

I removed the attachment because it had IP addresses listed, please remove them next time prior to uploading/posting any log messages. Thanks :)
#CMOD #DB2 #AFP2PDF #TSM #AIX #RHEL #AWS #AZURE #GCP #EVERYTHING

jfgonzalez

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 27, 2020, 01:13:41 PM »
Hi derrick

If apparently it is installed, I attach the images.

It is worth mentioning that we are only using Cache storage.

I have done tests to show with the command "more", the physical files at the operating system level (they obviously appear strange characters because they are PDF) and I have no problems with any.

Regards.

Justin Derrick

• IBM Content Manager OnDemand Consultant
  • Administrator
  • CMOD Guru for hire...
    • View Profile
    • Tenacious Consulting
« Reply #22 on: March 30, 2020, 06:53:51 AM »
Okay, so you're using TSM - that's awesome.  Can you check to see if you have the HSM module installed?

lslpp -l |grep -i hsm
I didn't see any server components in the previous output.  Can you confirm for me that you're using a remote TSM server?

-JD.
IBM CMOD Professional Services: http://TenaciousConsulting.com
Call:  +1-866-533-7742  or  eMail:  jd@justinderrick.com
IBM CMOD Wiki:  https://CMOD.wiki/
FREE IBM CMOD Education & Webinars:  https://CMOD.Training/

Interests: #AIX #Linux #Multiplatforms #DB2 #TSM #SP #Performance #Security #Audits #Customizing #Availability #HA #DR