Author Topic: ODF Customized e-mail Subject  (Read 2229 times)

rjchavez

• View Profile
ODF Customized e-mail Subject
« on: January 17, 2020, 07:39:11 AM »
Hello all,
We're in need to customize the Subject line for "specific" recipient only.  The arsodf.xml comments seems to suggest that you can do this by using the <Recipient> tag under the <EmailAttachmentNotify> section.  It's not clear wether the <Name> tag should specify the RECIPIENT or RECIPIENT LIST or does it matter.  I've tried everything including the actual e-mail address in the <Name> tag under <Recipient> to no avail.  The only thing that seems to work is the "default" Subject immediately following <EmailAttachmentNotify>.

Any ideas?

rjchavez

• View Profile
Re: ODF Customized e-mail Subject
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2020, 09:27:00 AM »
Hello all,
We're in need to customize the Subject line for "specific" recipient only.  The arsodf.xml comments seems to suggest that you can do this by using the <Recipient> tag under the <EmailAttachmentNotify> section.  It's not clear wether the <Name> tag should specify the RECIPIENT or RECIPIENT LIST or does it matter.  I've tried everything including the actual e-mail address in the <Name> tag under <Recipient> to no avail.  The only thing that seems to work is the "default" Subject immediately following <EmailAttachmentNotify>.

Any ideas?

I've opened a PMR/CASE

rjchavez

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2020, 09:38:53 AM »
Here's IBM response:

"There is an unreleased APAR for CMOD V10.1:

PH17448 ARSODF.XML EMAIL CUSTOMIZATION NOT WORKING FOR JAVA 8

The workaround is to point to JAVA 7.
"

I've tested it with JAVA 7 and it works.  I'm also requesting the ++APAR to test with V8.

rjchavez

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2020, 01:51:03 PM »
I tested using JAVA V7 and it fixed the problem.  I also installed the ++APAR and tested with JAVA V8 successfully.

scottnys

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 23, 2020, 09:29:41 AM »
Nice to see others are using that functionality.  That APAR was ours.  We changed Java from 7 to 8, being that it was being unsupported.  The "recipient" check was not getting hit any longer.  Glad we could expedite your implementation.  We waited 4+ months for the fix.
« Last Edit: January 23, 2020, 01:59:39 PM by scottnys »

rjchavez

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 24, 2020, 06:23:45 AM »
Nice to see others are using that functionality.  That APAR was ours.  We changed Java from 7 to 8, being that it was being unsupported.  The "recipient" check was not getting hit any longer.  Glad we could expedite your implementation.  We waited 4+ months for the fix.
Thanks for the reply.  Questions:  I take it that you are running with the ++APAR and all is OK?  How long have you been running with it?  Production?

scottnys

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 24, 2020, 07:05:56 AM »
It's been in production since Christmas.  Working as we use it.  We caught it in v9.5 first.  While it was in the works at IBM we upgraded one of our instances (we support multiple CMODS on One LPAR) and the same issue was in v10.1.  IBM Tech support said that the APAR would be for both version.