Author Topic: ARSYSPIN output order doesn't match output queue  (Read 2065 times)

J9CMOD

• View Profile
ARSYSPIN output order doesn't match output queue
« on: January 23, 2020, 04:26:21 PM »
When we load our JES output to CMOD, using ARSYSPIN, and then view the output (in the Web viewer, the windows client OR the CICS viewer), it does not list the output in the same (step) order as the job was run OR how it is listed in the JES output queue.
Since many steps run within the same second, and the job's steps are not in an alpha-numeric order, we can't do a sort on the fields in the folder either.

Can you tell me how to get the output to display in the viewers in the same order that it is created and listed in the JES output queue?

Thanks
J9

Greg Ira

• View Profile
Re: ARSYSPIN output order doesn't match output queue
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2020, 06:48:51 AM »
Our ARSYSPIN never seems to have that issue.  What do you have set for JOBBREAK and OUTSEP?  Are you using the ARSSPVIN input exit and, if so, was it modified?

scottnys

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2020, 07:48:16 AM »
Well I know that the PC fat client allows the "Full Report Browse" option.  That will allow the user to view the entire load as one document and not broken out.  In playing a bit it was discovered that ICN doesn't support that feature.  You've gotten me interested in looking into the CICS Viewer though.  That is being used here.  Didn't know anyone else used it.  Have to see if "Full Report Browse" is supported.
Another option would be to load JES back into another Application using ODF.  It seems that you've altered the original SYSOUT Application to break on STEP (doesn't happen for us). 
Using ODF to spool it back out, loading it into another one, you could change that application to NOT BREAK on step.  We use that procedure to overcome many challenges.

J9CMOD

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2020, 09:59:09 AM »
Ok, I found out what causes that.  We couldn't use the DSID because the way it was originally set up in the application was not getting the entire number.  We have changed that.  We still have a few that start 1 character off in the JES data, but will probably use a floating trigger and/or index to use that - or - we will just expand the data size and use the option to remove spaces at the beginning and possibly the period that shows up in the end.
Thank you all for your input!

Mark W

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 11, 2022, 12:12:09 PM »
Greg,
What is the default for JOBBREAK?

Thanks,
Mark

Greg Ira

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 16, 2022, 09:26:06 AM »
I believe the default for JOBBREAK is True.