Author Topic: Load Jobs Failing and no System Log Messages??  (Read 1659 times)

tjspencer2

• View Profile
Load Jobs Failing and no System Log Messages??
« on: January 30, 2020, 10:21:18 AM »
Has anyone seen an instance where load jobs that have run for years start failing but that give absolutely zero messages in the system log except for message 81 (AG object query completed)?

While most of our AGs load just fine, all of a sudden we have few starting to fail with this strange phenomenon?!?!

The content is PDF and is going through the PDF Indexer program.

This is occurring on AIX 7.2 running CMOD 9.5.04 MP with DB2 10.5.3 and TSM 7.1.1.

jsquizz

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Load Jobs Failing and no System Log Messages??
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2020, 11:47:29 AM »
Unfortunately I've seen this numerous times and it goes back to some kind of change in the source system. Even though they will say tooth and nail that, "they didn't change anything"

I've seen this happen when a certain type of policy/plan is ran for a certain statement period or something like that. Example - Plan 12345 will run fine, Plan XY1234 will fail. Only resolution I was able to do is go back to them. Most of the time I would have to take this to IBM, and have them back me on it.

Another time, a SA / DBA / TSM person made a change without telling us, and it made a "blip"..But more often then not it was the former of the two. Hope this helps.
#CMOD #DB2 #AFP2PDF #TSM #AIX #RHEL #AWS #AZURE #GCP #EVERYTHING

tjspencer2

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2020, 04:46:53 PM »
So to add some more color here, after further analysis on this, a teammate of mine noted that the Admin account had permissions to the AG in Test but NOT in PROD.

Having previously tried to load the failed load file in Test, I knew it worked there.

So on a hunch, I added the Admin to the permissions group as “Administrator” in PROD, set up just as it was on the AG in Test.

I attempted to reload the statements, and they loaded like a charm.  And this worked on 2 AGs that had just started failing??

My IBM Case Support is one of the best guys at CMOD Support, and he, like I don’t think Admin access is required, and we have several AGs that don’t have Admin in the perms and they have been loading just fine.

Also, these AGs that JUST started failing have been running without fail or change to them for years?!?!?

I at least wanted to share that my solution so far has been the security change as noted.

These are NOW loading like Champs...
« Last Edit: January 30, 2020, 04:49:48 PM by tjspencer2 »

Justin Derrick

• IBM Content Manager OnDemand Consultant
  • Administrator
  • CMOD Guru for hire...
    • View Profile
    • Tenacious Consulting
« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2020, 11:43:50 PM »
Loading should only require the 'add' privilege.  Although, it seems like a lot of places load data with the 'admin' ID, which is a security issue.  Principle of Least Privilege and all that.

-JD.
« Last Edit: January 31, 2020, 09:22:34 AM by Justin Derrick »
IBM CMOD Professional Services: http://TenaciousConsulting.com
Call:  +1-866-533-7742  or  eMail:  jd@justinderrick.com
IBM CMOD Wiki:  https://CMOD.wiki/
FREE IBM CMOD Education & Webinars:  https://CMOD.Training/

Interests: #AIX #Linux #Multiplatforms #DB2 #TSM #SP #Performance #Security #Audits #Customizing #Availability #HA #DR

jsquizz

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 31, 2020, 07:35:38 AM »
Loading should only require the 'add' privilege.  Although, it seems like a lot of places load data with the 'admin' ID, which is a security issue.  Principal of Least Privilege and all that.

-JD.

I had a requirement for a process account over the summer for this, and I used this approach. I created an ARSLOAD process account and gave it only "ADD".. We tested it and it gave us zero issues with ADD only.
#CMOD #DB2 #AFP2PDF #TSM #AIX #RHEL #AWS #AZURE #GCP #EVERYTHING