Author Topic: V10.1 and UTS ??  (Read 1854 times)

leodejong

• View Profile
V10.1 and UTS ??
« on: February 12, 2020, 02:49:45 AM »
Hi

I got myself into a bit of trouble and i hope anybody knows a trick to correct things.
A few years ago when we where still at V9.0 i decided in a fit of enthusiasm to convert the index tables to UTS.
All worked great until we had to delete an AG. That fails with:
DSNT408I SQLCODE = -669, ERROR:  THE OBJECT CANNOT BE EXPLICITLY DROPPED.                 REASON 0001
In a UTS you can't drop only the table, you have to drop the TABLESPACE.

I opened a PMR at that time and got the replay that V9 doesn't support UTS, that will be available in V10.
So i accepted that for the time being that whenever an Application Group needs to be deleted i first have to convert it back to Segmented tableSpace. Then the DELETE AG works fine.

But now we run at V10.1 for a while. New tables are created as UTS and i can delete these (newly created) AG without the SQLCODE -669.
However i was surprised that i still get SQLCODE -669 when  i try to delete an old (pre-V10.1)  AG for which i converted the TS to UTS.

On our test system i tried some hacking. I noticed in ARSSEG the MASK column het bit X'80' set for the new UTS tables, so i set this bit for an old table and then tried a DELETE AG again.
Still SQLCODE -669 !!
So i'm wondering how does CMOD knows this is a new UTS table created by V10.1 and uses a DROP TABLESPACE in stead of a DROP TABLE.

I know i'm going into unsupported area's but we are talking about definitions which must be deleted anyway.

Thanks in advance
Leo de Jong
Leo de Jong, Rabobank,The Netherlands

Ed_Arnold

• View Profile
Re: V10.1 and UTS ??
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2020, 12:59:35 PM »
Hello Leo - haven't heard from you in a while.

Anyway...

The ARSSEG for a given segment should have the x’04’ bit on for z CMOD, reflecting one table per tablespace. 

Unexpected for that not to be on for CMOD z. 

Ed
#zOS #ODF

leodejong

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2020, 07:41:14 AM »
Hi

I  tried a number of things with bit settings in ARSSEG table. But nothing helped.
The solution was going to DB2 function level V12R1M506.
That function level enables dropping of a table in a UTS. The tablespace is automatically dropped at the same time.

Leo
Leo de Jong, Rabobank,The Netherlands

Ed_Arnold

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 29, 2020, 09:04:59 AM »
Leo - thanks for providing the final resolution.

It's much appreciated.

Ed
#zOS #ODF