Author Topic: export all document XML data into a specific directory  (Read 1729 times)

Laura4CMOD

• View Profile
export all document XML data into a specific directory
« on: April 03, 2020, 07:28:26 AM »
 Dear ODUG team,
I'm working on the design of a CMOD application in which I need to maintain 10 years of legal documentation, mainly in XML format. This CMOD archive must be very responsive in loading/indexing time, while it has a 5 days SLA for the retrieval (document retrieval is expected only for legal reasons, very rarely expected... ) so I planned to do not spent many resources on retrieval/query side and planned to use the standard Windows Client. Unfortunately, in the Windows client I am not able to find a function to export all document data into a specific directory: I need to save the documents result of my query into a directory, how can I export in bulk all the documents? I mean the full document and not only the search index fields and filters used.

Then the other question is if I could be able to execute a text search also in XML documents as this function does not look to be available for XML documents, isn't it?
Looking forward to meet all of you on April 29th.
Kind regards
Laura

AlejandroGonzalez

Re: export all document XML data into a specific directory
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2020, 09:05:23 AM »
Hi Laura,

From the windows client, I have never been able to retrieve documents ... It has always been from the object server or from the primary server with an instruction similar to this:

/usr/lpp/ars/bin/arsdoc get -h database -u useradmin -p passwduseradmin -X idload -G applicationgroup -nac -o path/nameoutputfile.pdf -v

I hope I can serve you.

rigs

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2020, 08:24:49 AM »
Basically the functionality needed would be an equivalent form of the  "copy data document to file" right-click option available for linedata documents. But it doesn't work for xml files.

An interesting way to customize the client would be using the approach provided with the ancient Monarch integration (RMS Datawatch) that is described in chapter 15 of the OnDemand Win Client customization guide, where an ExternalDLLs in the registry supply a function to allow to automatically load documents from ondemand client..

That means ad hoc coding of course, but the same manual also provide sample programs to start with. Hope it helps, claudio

Justin Derrick

• IBM Content Manager OnDemand Consultant
  • Administrator
  • CMOD Guru for hire...
    • View Profile
    • Tenacious Consulting
« Reply #3 on: May 06, 2020, 09:35:27 AM »
I'd also recommend running arsdoc get if you need more than one or two files.

Also, I'd consider not being able to save a document as a bug -- either open a Service Request with IBM, or add it to the 'Enhancements Forum' here.

-JD.
IBM CMOD Professional Services: http://TenaciousConsulting.com
Call:  +1-866-533-7742  or  eMail:  jd@justinderrick.com
IBM CMOD Wiki:  https://CMOD.wiki/
FREE IBM CMOD Education & Webinars:  https://CMOD.Training/

Interests: #AIX #Linux #Multiplatforms #DB2 #TSM #SP #Performance #Security #Audits #Customizing #Availability #HA #DR