Author Topic: ICN Mointoring?  (Read 1653 times)

JackKing

• View Profile
ICN Mointoring?
« on: June 25, 2020, 08:27:32 AM »
I am looking for some script to do a basic Install Verification Program (IVP). Want to be able to verify that ICN is up and functional. Does anyone know if it already exists?

Mehmet S Yersel

• View Profile
    • LinkedIn Profile
Re: ICN Mointoring?
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2020, 05:26:55 AM »
I am not aware of a script to do the verification. However, if you can make it to deployment with no errors, https://www.ibm.com/support/knowledgecenter/SSEUEX_3.0.7/com.ibm.installingeuc.doc/eucvr000.htm, next you will need to find out which ports ICN runs on and verify the admin desktop.  The entire path that leads to this point could be filled with a lot of places where something could happen to cause an error. If you can make it to this point correctly and if you can log in to admin console, you will need some monitoring tools such as New Relic if  your organization uses it and check its monitoring capabilities.

For example, at my current project, I have set up monitoring for each server's IBM HTTP Server, Websphere Admin Console, ICN Admin Desktop and other custom desktops. This is one way to monitor the ICN server. Additionally, New Relic gives you capabilities to monitor the file system and CPU usage. I have alerts to monitor high CPU usage as well as increased file system use.  Depending on what you want to monitor, these tools are quite capable of providing various intuitive methods to monitor the servers.

I would suggest you start asking your organization's server support teams and find out how they monitor URLs, servers, file systems, server CPUs etc..

Also, please let us know if you found a verification script and also what you did for monitoring and alerting.

Best of luck!

Mehmet

« Last Edit: July 24, 2020, 06:01:57 AM by myersel »
#zOS #Multiplatforms
#DB2 #OAM
#AFP #RiCOH AFP2PDF #SnowBound
#Finance #Telecom #Airlines
#ICN #IHS #WAS ND #Cert and Key Management
#Migrations #Data Modeling #RACF-2-CMOD Synch
#FileTek AMMO #ABI #RMDS #RADAR