Author Topic: SSL Connectivity Working Inconsistently  (Read 1230 times)

mroutlander

• View Profile
SSL Connectivity Working Inconsistently
« on: October 09, 2020, 05:35:57 AM »
Hi fellow ODUsers,
I am experiencing a strange problem. My client is running 9.5.0.11 as the CMOD server (on AIX v7 TL5). Recently, the SSL certs expired and so we got a new signed one and installed it per the IBM documentation. Checking with openssl and gsk8capicmd_64 both, the certificate and its validity appears fine.

Now comes the weird part - when connecting the Administrator client (running on Windows Server 2012) using the SSL port (1446), it goes through and the connection is established. However, the Viewer Client (running on Windows Server 2012) refuses to connect with the same settings. The ubiquitous error - "Connection cannot be established..." is seen in this case. Am I missing something trivial?

An associate of mine is trying to connect from the Administrator Client on the same machine as mine, but he is not able to connect. This has left us all quite befuddled.

Side Note - I enabled the trace at server and client ends but can't seem to find the trace file anywhere. At the server, the file is named ARCHIVE.trace.log but a search for this filename fails. Trace level is 15 and ars.cfg file has been updated too. Where could it be?
« Last Edit: October 09, 2020, 05:38:06 AM by mroutlander »

Ed_Arnold

• View Profile
Re: SSL Connectivity Working Inconsistently
« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2020, 11:33:00 AM »
Apologies - just noticed this append.

I have no insight, have done this on z, you might want to take a look at the steps I took to get the clients to connect:

http://www.odusergroup.org/forums/index.php?topic=1938.0

Ed
#zOS #ODF