Author Topic: How to remove loaded .IND files using STRMONOND  (Read 1979 times)

chrisc

• View Profile
How to remove loaded .IND files using STRMONOND
« on: November 04, 2020, 06:27:17 AM »
Is there any way to use the monitor (STRMONOND) to cleanup .IND files after successful load? That is, is there any option for the monitor to automatically remove any .PRC files?

I don't see an option there, but maybe I'm missing something. I believe the DLTSPLF option is only to automatically remove the actual loaded file, not the index file. Is this correct?

Thanks,

Chris

Darrell Bryant

• Sed fugit interea fugit inreparabile tempus-Virgil
    • View Profile
Re: How to remove loaded .IND files using STRMONOND
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2020, 07:00:44 AM »
Files should only be renamed with the .PRC extension if DLTSPLF is *NO.
You might check the authorities to the files, to make sure the user running the monitor has authority to delete the files. Also check the monitor joblog. You might need to temporarily increase the logging level of the job description and restart the monitor to capture all the detail in the joblog.
If these suggestions don't resolve the problem, I recommend you open a case with IBM support.
#IBMi #iSeries #PDF #XML #400 Indexer #ASM

chrisc

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2020, 07:30:36 AM »
Thanks for the reply, but I think you misunderstood what I was asking.

I wasn't suggesting that there was a problem. I'm trying to find out whether or not the monitor has the ability to delete the .IND/.PRC file after successful load.

If I read your response correctly, you seem to be implying that the DLTSPLF option is supposed to remove the successful index file. However, my understanding was that this option actually removes the file actually loaded into OnDemand as opposed to the index file used to load it. This said, the documentation is a little vague. It mentions deleting a "processed file", which I took to mean the file that was loaded as opposed to the index file used to load it.

So, are you suggesting if you set DLTSPLF to *YES that it should be removing the .IND file after successful load?

Thanks,

Chris

Darrell Bryant

• Sed fugit interea fugit inreparabile tempus-Virgil
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 05, 2020, 06:31:53 AM »
When I run STRMONOND TYPE(*DIR) with DLTSPLF(*YES) both the index and data files are deleted after a successful load. That is assuming both the index and data files are in the monitored directory. If the data file is in a different directory from the index file, the data file is not deleted.
#IBMi #iSeries #PDF #XML #400 Indexer #ASM

chrisc

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 16, 2020, 09:17:40 AM »
Great, thanks Darrell!