Author Topic: How to write with odwek lib (v10.5) from system facility log in standard output  (Read 1758 times)

jepau

Question : How to write with Odwek lib (v10.1) from system facility log in standard output (like the output), is there any way with the API ?.
I am using a Java API and I want to retrieve the logs that are store on the OnDemand client (System facility log), because I don't want go to the Sytem Facility log to check the logs on the ondemand client.

I only have this link to trace the logs :
https://www.ibm.com/support/pages/how-do-i-enable-content-manager-ondemand-web-enablement-kit-odwek-trace

« Last Edit: November 10, 2020, 11:56:53 AM by jepau »

rjrussel

• View Profile
If you are talking about the data that is stored in the system log. Use the api's to open that folder, perform a query and write the output to where ever you choose.

That said, there are a lot of questions one could ask in regards to your request. It's pretty vague. Are you looking for something in particular? You have some end goal in mind here?

Elaborate on what you're after and you will get far more specific guidance.

-RR

jepau

Hi,

Yes, we do want to write the log from standard output (same as OnDemand client do with the System Facility log) to a DataDog agent in order to be available on the Cloud and monitor the errors with a MicroService (wrote in Java with SpringBoot v2.x) while doing the load of data in CMOD, trapping any errors in the logs that are store in the System Facility log (somehow by the CMOD engine on the Server Side).

Right now, Odwek return an exception (ODException) with an irrelevant message that is not the thre error (true error standing in System Facility log), and that doesn't contains stack trace, only an error message with and error code, which is not helping much.. Before with "arsload", the stack trace was display on the ouput, we want the same thinsg with Odwek.

If you have a piece of code that does it, please share with me, Odwek API doesn't seems to have access to the System Facility log.

Thanks,

Jerome.

« Last Edit: November 12, 2020, 07:14:27 AM by jepau »

rjrussel

• View Profile
What is the irrelevant message? There is no restrictions on access with ODWEK API (other than standard OnDemand user security). If they user that was used for the logon call has access to the folder in OnDemand it can be accessed via the apis.

jepau

I mean the exception, the message doesn't give much informations.. if you have a load failed it doesn't give you the same message in Odwek than you have in the system log, for instance we have case where the load is failing but the message error from Odwek is generic, while in the system log it tell me there is parsing date error (it is that message I want to retrieve). With arsload command you had that message but now you don't have.

Example :  ARS0000E Initialization of ICU for directory /usr/lpp/ars/V9R5M0/locale/ failed. Verify installation.
ARS0013E

This message error we don't have it with Odwek library.

Getting this errors from Odwek instead which I can do much with it (it doesn't tell me the precise error) :

com.ibm.edms.od.ODException: Failed to commit Load. Please consult the System Log for additional information.
RC = 2096
Message = The server failed while storing a document
   at com.ibm.edms.od.ODServer.loadCommit(ODServer.java:3227)
   at ca.bnc.ecm.api.cmod_load.service.impl.LoadServiceImpl.loadData(LoadServiceImpl.java:70)
« Last Edit: November 16, 2020, 09:09:48 AM by jepau »