Support Forums > Documentation

CMOD / TSM and moving to AWS compatibility

(1/1)

jneetz:
Hi,

What is the requirements mainly versions and other items to consider for moving OnDemand servers from a data center to AWS Amazon Cloud Services

Not asking for how-to details, just some type of requirement or compatibility document or URL

CMOD ?
Spectrum Protect ?
Navigator ?

Justin Derrick:
I think that as long as you're within the compatibility matrix, you're fine -- OS, database, storage, etc.  I haven't seen any special requirements just because you're in the cloud.

-JD.

jsquizz:

--- Quote from: Justin Derrick on March 05, 2021, 07:08:13 AM ---I think that as long as you're within the compatibility matrix, you're fine -- OS, database, storage, etc.  I haven't seen any special requirements just because you're in the cloud.

-JD.

--- End quote ---

Was told the same thing, except for moving from OnPrem to Azure. They mentioned that if there's an issue with the underlying IAAS within Azure, they wouldn't or couldn't support it.

Just as a heads up..I built POC environments for both AWS/Azure, they run nicely.

jneetz:
Thanks both  :)

Explains why I can't find much googling on it

As mentioned I just keep in the compatibility and worry about any obstacles as the project progresses

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version