Author Topic: "arsdoc get" Retrieves a larger document than what was originally ingsted.  (Read 467 times)

Mehmet S Yersel

• View Profile
    • LinkedIn Profile
Hi All,

I am working on a CMOD to CMOD migration where I extract using arsdoc get with generic indexer and then load into target CMOD system. There are some reports that have originally been indexed with floating triggers at every line of every page, and, CMOD createed pointers to the same object from 1000s of different hit list records, as expected. For example, if the first 353 pages of the report are all one document, every line in all these 353 pages are loaded into CMOD as different document indexes (my hit list).

So far so good.

And the problem is when I try to retrieve this report with generic indexer using arsdoc get. CMOD. retrieves 1 hit list record, writes it to the .IND file as the first entry, and then it goes to retrieve the object it points to and it then writes that to the .OUT file. For every item in the hit list it repeats the process and creates a huge file, 100s of times larger than the original.

This use case is the one where CMOD is not giving you exactly what was stored and exactly as it was stored.

Is there a way for arsdoc get to generate the input file exactly as it was ingested for the use case described above?

Thanks,
-Mehmet 
« Last Edit: March 26, 2024, 11:43:10 AM by Mehmet S Yersel »
#zOS #Multiplatforms
#DB2 #OAM
#AFP #RiCOH AFP2PDF #SnowBound
#Finance #Telecom #Airlines
#ICN #IHS #WAS ND #Cert and Key Management
#Migrations #Data Modeling #RACF-2-CMOD Synch
#FileTek AMMO #ABI #RMDS #RADAR

rjrussel

• View Profile
There is not.

arsdoc get Assumes every "hit" is a document, so if you have 10 hits you are going to get 10 documents, regardless of the fact that they may all be the same document. 

Mehmet S Yersel

• View Profile
    • LinkedIn Profile
Thank you RJ, for the feedback.

I think, this should be a potential enhancement to how arsdoc get should operate when this unique condition is encountered.

In the meantime, I shall retrieve all such objects for all involved reports using arsdoc get and create generic indexer files as well to mimic what arsdoc get should have done in the first place.

Thanks again,
-Mehmet
« Last Edit: March 27, 2024, 07:06:15 AM by Mehmet S Yersel »
#zOS #Multiplatforms
#DB2 #OAM
#AFP #RiCOH AFP2PDF #SnowBound
#Finance #Telecom #Airlines
#ICN #IHS #WAS ND #Cert and Key Management
#Migrations #Data Modeling #RACF-2-CMOD Synch
#FileTek AMMO #ABI #RMDS #RADAR