Author Topic: How to get the Application Group from arsdoc queries?  (Read 953 times)

Lars Bencze

• CMOD Expert at Skandia
    • View Profile
    • INACTIVE - Bezland Consulting
How to get the Application Group from arsdoc queries?
« on: July 09, 2021, 06:05:40 AM »
Hey guys!

I think I'm having a mind lapse - but how do you get the AGID or the Application Group name in the output when you run an arsdoc query?
I tried the -D parameter, but the AGID is not included there, just the DOC_NAME.
I also tried creating a Folder Field named "appgrp", but arsdoc aggressively refuses to print it. ESPECIALLY SO when I request it using "-N "(appgrp)" -->
ARS6020E The database field 'appgrp' was not found in the application group or it was not mapped to a folder field.

So - how? :)
Setup:
I have a search folder which contains more than one Application Group, and I don't want to create multiple different single-application-group folders instead and run the query multiple times (about 50 times).
After I've done the arsdoc query, I need to run arsdoc update on parts of the result. But arsdoc update refuses to run without either:
a) -G <application group>, or
b) a search folder which only contains a single Application Group

Any ideas?
OnDemand for MP expert. #Multiplatforms #Admin #Scripts #Performance #Support #Architecture #PDFIndexing #TSM/SP #DB2 #CustomSolutions #Integration #UserExits #Migrations #Workflow #ECM #Cloud #ODApi

Lars Bencze

• CMOD Expert at Skandia
    • View Profile
    • INACTIVE - Bezland Consulting
Re: How to get the Application Group from arsdoc queries?
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2021, 06:11:06 AM »
Ah yes -
The solution is of course to use "-I p" to get the full LoadID in the result list, and then use the first part of the LoadID, which is the AGID, to find the Application Group name.

Other solutions are still welcome!
OnDemand for MP expert. #Multiplatforms #Admin #Scripts #Performance #Support #Architecture #PDFIndexing #TSM/SP #DB2 #CustomSolutions #Integration #UserExits #Migrations #Workflow #ECM #Cloud #ODApi