Author Topic: ARSLOAD issues with Running as a Windows Service on new OnDemand v.10.5 Server  (Read 1095 times)

Joe Wolken

• CMOD iSeries Consultant
    • View Profile
    • OAS Corp.
I am installing a new OnDemand Windows v.10.5 server and I am testing the archive.  I have successfully loaded a file (exported from another system) using the following command from the OnDemand Command Window:

arsload -v -f -e -n -I ARCHIVE -g INVOICE C:\Downloads\TEST1.0.INVOICE.INVOICE

It stores all 305 documents referenced in the .IND file and .OUT file.

My 2 issues are when I try to load the SAME file using the Windows service as configured using the OnDemand Configurator tool:

The service job that is:
arsload.exe -I ARCHIVE -t 60 -c "C:\arstmp" -G DATASET -d "C:\arsload"

Issue 1:  No matter what parameter I define as the -G value the program appears to try to use the FIRST value in the filename (TEST1) a the Application Group.   I need it to be the third or fourth value.

Issue 2:  I changed the file names to replace TEST1 with INVOICE.  It appears to process the file assigning INVOICE to the Application Group.  But The message 88 error in the system log has an ARS4309E Indexing failed

The same file manually loaded successfully, so I think the .IND values should be all good.

Any ideas on Issue 1 or 2 are appreciated.

Joe

#Installation #Upgrade #Migration #Administration #Integration #Customization #Training, and more!

Call: 512-402-1123
email: wolkenj@oascorp.com 
Click: http://www.OASCorp.com

Lars Bencze

• CMOD Expert at Skandia
    • View Profile
    • INACTIVE - Bezland Consulting
I have noticed in Windows installations that the parser looking for the 4th filename part starts counting FROM THE END of the filenames.
So if the filenames don't have 8 parts (X.Y.Application.ApplicationGroup.Z.W.ARD.ind for example), it fails to pinpoint the correct file name part.

Try lengthening your file name from TEST1.0.INVOICE.INVOICE to TEST1.0.INVOICE.INVOICE.0.0.0.0 or TEST1.0.INVOICE.INVOICE.0.0.0.ARD and see if it makes any difference.
OnDemand for MP expert. #Multiplatforms #Admin #Scripts #Performance #Support #Architecture #PDFIndexing #TSM/SP #DB2 #CustomSolutions #Integration #UserExits #Migrations #Workflow #ECM #Cloud #ODApi

Joe Wolken

• View Profile
    • OAS Corp.
Lars,

You're answer was very helpful.  I saw on the OnDemand Configurator tool in the description of the Application Group name section the sentence:  'A typical report name should look like MVS.JOBNAME.DATASET.FORMS.*.*.EXT.'

It appears that the two .*.*. locations at the end of the file name are REQUIRED.  I used the radio button selection for DATASET to get my selection.

I also had to create a new filename with the .ARD extension so that the job would pick up the file.

I have one remaining issue:  The Application is defined for the Generic Indexer.  I have a .IND file in the same C:\arsload path as the .ARD file with the exact same name except the extension is  .ind
I get a message 88 in my System log folder with

ARS4305E Generic indexer requires the data to have already been indexed.  Index the data or verify your input file and resubmit the job.

I feel like I'm getting CLOSER....

Joe
#Installation #Upgrade #Migration #Administration #Integration #Customization #Training, and more!

Joe Wolken

• View Profile
    • OAS Corp.
I identified the issue causing my ARS4305E error:

My Generic indexer files were not following the proper naming convention.  Once I created a set of 3 files with the general naming convention of
IGN.IGN.APPGROUPNAME.APPNAME.0.0.ard.ind
IGN.IGN.APPGROUPNAME.APPNAME.0.0.ard.out
IGN.IGN.APPGROUPNAME.APPNAME.0.0.ard
where I replace the IGN with values to make each set of filenames unique.

It seems that I was not including .ard as part of all three file names.  Anyway, it seems to be loading now...

Thanks,
Joe