Author Topic: ADDRPTOND  (Read 5295 times)

mikebee49

• View Profile
ADDRPTOND
« on: July 28, 2009, 01:56:58 PM »
Hi,

We have recently migrated to Common Server. We are in the process of modifying our programs that used the *RDAR commands with the *OND ones. I'm testing the ADDRPTOND command and am unable to archive data. We are always getting the same error: Command ended normally with exit status 1. When archiving the report with the user we created the instance with, it works. The problem occurs when we use a "normal" user, as it will happen in production.

The "normal" user has all the administrator rights for the application group as well as the folder. It was also generated as an Administrator. The user profile is set correctly, exactly the same without the *SECADM option.

Can anyone help?

Thanks!

Mike

Joe Wolken

• CMOD iSeries Consultant
    • View Profile
    • OAS Corp.
Re: ADDRPTOND
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2009, 08:09:24 AM »
In addition to being defined as an OnDemand Administrator, I believe any user id that will be storing reports into Common Server needs to have the following additional attributes set on their iSeries user profile:
CHGUSRPRF USRPRF(NORMAL) GRPPRF(QONDADM) SUPGRPPRF(QRDARSADM QRDARS400) SETJOBATR(*CCSID *DATFMT *DECFMT *SRTSEQ *TIMSEP) LOCALE('/QSYS.LIB/EN_US.LOCALE')

#Installation #Upgrade #Migration #Administration #Integration #Customization #Training, and more!

Call: 512-402-1123
email: wolkenj@oascorp.com 
Click: http://www.OASCorp.com

mikebee49

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2009, 06:16:37 AM »
The user profile was set accordingly to IBM's standard. There was one thing missing in our setup, though. The "home" directory in the IFS was not created for the user using the ADDRPTOND command. Once I did that, everything worked fine.

Problem solved!

Darrell Bryant

• Sed fugit interea fugit inreparabile tempus-Virgil
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2010, 08:13:35 PM »
If the user does not have a home directory, the temporary objects are created in the root ('/') directory.  Your system may be configured to prevent users from creating objects in that directory.
#IBMi #iSeries #PDF #XML #400 Indexer #ASM