Author Topic: IBM Cloud object storage issue in loading  (Read 1773 times)

MHassan

• View Profile
IBM Cloud object storage issue in loading
« on: September 14, 2021, 08:43:59 AM »
Hello,

I am configuring IBM cloud object storage with AIX CMOD server, i configured the ars.cfg by adding the paramters
ARS_ICOS_CONFIG_FILE=/opt/IBM/ondemand/V10.5/config/ars.icos
ARS_ICOS_CONFIG_DIR=/opt/IBM/ondemand/V10.5/config

And i configured ars.icos.smp in config directory on AIX and specify Server IP and Enable SSL , SSL is enabled due to the customer said that SSL is enabled

And configured the Storage Set in CMOD by creating storage node and specify the vault name and user name and password ,

after i trying to load documents to a specific application the error LOG say :

ARS115E : Unable to store the object

I cannot trace the error as it is general error , so anyone have an idea about this issue and can help me
or is there any missing configuration that I should add related to the configuration or is there any configuration that need to be done due to the enablement of SSL
« Last Edit: September 14, 2021, 08:47:09 AM by MHassan »

Ed_Arnold

• View Profile
Re: IBM Cloud object storage issue in loading
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2021, 09:13:15 AM »
As the whole Cloud Object Storage area is pretty new make sure you're on the latest level of 10.5.

Are you on 10.5.0.2?

Ed
#zOS #ODF

jsquizz

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2021, 10:22:10 AM »
Hello,

I am configuring IBM cloud object storage with AIX CMOD server, i configured the ars.cfg by adding the paramters

And i configured ars.icos.smp in config directory on AIX and specify Server IP and Enable SSL , SSL is enabled due to the customer said that SSL is enabled

And configured the Storage Set in CMOD by creating storage node and specify the vault name and user name and password ,

I cannot trace the error as it is general error , so anyone have an idea about this issue and can help me
or is there any missing configuration that I should add related to the configuration or is there any configuration that need to be done due to the enablement of SSL

What does your ars.icos look like? Also, have you tried a system trace? I've seen with working with ICOS, that this can be helpful when using ALL=15 in trace.settings.
#CMOD #DB2 #AFP2PDF #TSM #AIX #RHEL #AWS #AZURE #GCP #EVERYTHING

MHassan

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 15, 2021, 05:11:38 AM »
As the whole Cloud Object Storage area is pretty new make sure you're on the latest level of 10.5.

Are you on 10.5.0.2?

Ed

Hello Arnold yes I am using CMOD version 10.5.0.0

MHassan

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 15, 2021, 05:13:08 AM »
Hello,

What does your ars.icos look like? Also, have you tried a system trace? I've seen with working with ICOS, that this can be helpful when using ALL=15 in trace.settings.

Hello jsquizz ,

What do you mean by What does your ars.icos look like ? And i already set trace_levels=all=15 in trace.settings file , The trace file that generated is encrypted file , What do you mean by system trace also ?
« Last Edit: September 15, 2021, 05:40:26 AM by MHassan »

Ed_Arnold

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 15, 2021, 09:47:03 AM »

Are you on 10.5.0.2?

Ed

Just double-checking, did you mean 10.5.0.2?

Ed
#zOS #ODF

TRDFan

« Reply #6 on: September 15, 2021, 12:14:18 PM »
Hello,

Hello jsquizz ,

What do you mean by What does your ars.icos look like ? And i already set trace_levels=all=15 in trace.settings file , The trace file that generated is encrypted file , What do you mean by system trace also ?

What settings are you using in ars.icos. It's been a while since I did this but I remember seeing this issue when there was an issue with the bucket/server name (i forget the term..)

Also, as far as the trace, i do this

run arstfmt -i <tracefile> -o readable.trace

issue more readable.trace | grep ERR   <-- might give more information about the error.

MHassan

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 16, 2021, 05:58:06 AM »

Are you on 10.5.0.2?

Ed

Just double-checking, did you mean 10.5.0.2?

Ed

Hello Arnalod ,

My CMOD Version is 10.5.0.0 , not 10.5.0.2

MHassan

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 16, 2021, 06:41:09 AM »
Hello,

Hello jsquizz ,

What settings are you using in ars.icos. It's been a while since I did this but I remember seeing this issue when there was an issue with the bucket/server name (i forget the term..)

Also, as far as the trace, i do this

run arstfmt -i <tracefile> -o readable.trace

issue more readable.trace | grep ERR   <-- might give more information about the error.

Hello TRDFan,

my ars.icos.smp file look like the below :

ARS_ICOS_SERVER=ip address (IP Address is valid or should i add hostname )
ARS_ICOS_USE_SSL=1
ARS_ICOS_CONNECT_TIMEOUT=60 SECONDS

I ran the command

run arstfmt -i ARCHIVE.trace.log -o readable.trace

But when i open the file i try to find an error but no luck , so do you have any recommendations for what to search in this file
and There is something that i noticed in the trace file that there parameter

parm_ptr=host:VaultName.IPAddress
web_url=https:///VaultName.IpAddress
Basic_url=VaultName.IpAddress

« Last Edit: September 16, 2021, 08:05:03 AM by MHassan »