Author Topic: CMOD PDF Fails to Load  (Read 1304 times)

JMichael

• View Profile
CMOD PDF Fails to Load
« on: January 25, 2022, 03:30:01 PM »
I'm trying to reload a PDF file however it fails to load because CMOD gives the error "Fails to load because a previous failed file of the same name needs to be unloaded"?  How can a file that failed to load be unloaded?  There's no record of the failed file's LoadId in the System Load to unload.  Tried attaching a doc, but it's not working.  Anyone ever experience this before?

Error Code -
"Loading was unable to continue due to encountering a previously failed load of the same name that has yet to be unloaded"

jsquizz

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: CMOD PDF Fails to Load
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2022, 07:39:23 AM »
Usually when I see this, I do some digging and find a load that failed, yet generated a loadID

I'll then fire off an arsadmin unload using the -L <LoadID> flag, and that resolves it.

I don't have the exact error code handy - but if you google it, there's a technote somewhere directly from IBM on how to resolve this at the database. But my method has worked fine.
#CMOD #DB2 #AFP2PDF #TSM #AIX #RHEL #AWS #AZURE #GCP #EVERYTHING

Joe Wolken

• CMOD iSeries Consultant
    • View Profile
    • OAS Corp.
« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2022, 09:13:39 AM »
Have you tried checking the System Log folder for message #88, Failed Loads to help identify the failed LoadID?
#Installation #Upgrade #Migration #Administration #Integration #Customization #Training, and more!

Call: 512-402-1123
email: wolkenj@oascorp.com 
Click: http://www.OASCorp.com

JMichael

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2022, 10:23:13 AM »
I found the load id in the Syslog and also tried jsquizz recommendation.  This worked and I was able to load the PDF file into CMOD.  Thanks guys!!