Author Topic: ARSJESD Issue in 10.5.0.4  (Read 811 times)

JeanineJ

• View Profile
ARSJESD Issue in 10.5.0.4
« on: March 03, 2022, 12:08:20 PM »
I've upgraded my non-production servers to CMOD 10.5.0.4 for multi-platforms and have run into an issue with arsjesd stopping itself for no apparent reason. It's fine and stable in 10.1.0.5
In opening a ticket with IBM apparently arsjesd is a Print Services Facility module and not support by IBM CMOD Support. I'm getting nowhere with IBM because I have no idea about licensing PSF (the ticket has been escalated)
I'm on RHEL7 servers using arsjesd to 'listen' for AFP files from our mainframe LPAR being sent using MVSDOWNLOAD utility. We've been doing this for 16 years and this is the first time I've seen arsjesd just stop. I did find a couple of core dumps in my 2 filesystems defined for loading on my DEV server.
This issue has appeared since upgrading the servers from 10.1.0.5 to 10.5.0.4. We are running CMOD for Multi-Platforms using the standard install parameters provided by IBM.
This is the startup command issued:
/opt/ibm/ondemand/V10.5/bin/arsjesd -p 6001 -d /app/arsacif/acif2 -d /app/arsacif/acif3
Has anybody had a similar issue?
**UPDATE** I've been running 3 weeks in non-production with the 10.5.0.1 version of arsjesd and it appears stable. I will be upgrading my production server this weekend and using the 10.5.0.1 version as the temporary fix until 10.5.0.5 is released.
« Last Edit: April 20, 2022, 11:50:14 AM by JeanineJ »

Ed_Arnold

• View Profile
Re: ARSJESD Issue in 10.5.0.4
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2022, 02:34:41 PM »
Hello JeanineJ --- I don't have an answer for your issue but want to add some background info.

arsjesd is the only piece of code that starts with "ARS" that doesn't come CMOD development. 

It's a part of PSF - the Print Services Facility product.  I asked the CMOD Chief Architect about that many moons ago and his answer was "historical reasons." 

Anyway - just checking, is this the started task with PGM=APFKAFPD ?

Make sure you have all of the service for whatever it is that is the PGM=.

Ed Arnold
#zOS #ODF

Ed_Arnold

• View Profile
Re: ARSJESD Issue in 10.5.0.4
« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2022, 07:39:22 AM »
*sigh* --- I just made a separate post on this.

Yup, arsjesd is broken at 10.5.0.4.

Ed
#zOS #ODF