Author Topic: ADDRPTOND - New v.7.5 Feature for Convert to PDF - Questions  (Read 3123 times)

Joe Wolken

• CMOD iSeries Consultant
    • View Profile
    • OAS Corp.
Looking at the OnDemand v.7.5 'What's New' document, I see there is a new option on the ARRRPTOND command to PDF.

"Convert to PDF prior to Index and archive.
Support for converting SCS and AFPDS spooled files to PDF during load time
The Add Report (ADDRPTOND) command now supports the ability to convert an input spooled file from SCS or AFPDS to PDF before indexing and loading into Content Manager OnDemand. Subsequent retrievals of the archived data are displayed and printed as PDF. The new support requires IBM Transform Services for i licensed program product (5770-TS1)."

I can not find any documentation on how this is implemented. Is anyone using this successfully?
Does it require new Applications be created that is defined as PDF?
Does it require use the PDF Indexer feature?

Thanks,
Joe
#Installation #Upgrade #Migration #Administration #Integration #Customization #Training, and more!

Call: 512-402-1123
email: wolkenj@oascorp.com 
Click: http://www.OASCorp.com

Darrell Bryant

• Sed fugit interea fugit inreparabile tempus-Virgil
    • View Profile
Re: ADDRPTOND - New v.7.5 Feature for Convert to PDF - Questions
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2022, 05:29:04 AM »
At v7.5 the Add Report (ADDRPTOND) command now supports the ability to convert an input spooled file from SCS or AFPDS to PDF before indexing and loading into Content Manager OnDemand. Subsequent retrievals of the archived data are displayed and printed as PDF.

This support uses the PDF Indexer, and requires the full Adobe Acrobat product on the workstation of any administrator that is using the graphical indexer to create parameters for the PDF Indexer.

The new support requires IBM Transform Services for i licensed program product (5770-TS1).

More details will be in the 2Q2022 OnDemand Newsletter.
#IBMi #iSeries #PDF #XML #400 Indexer #ASM