Author Topic: Unable to view newly loaded documents from cache  (Read 707 times)

johnkyle68

• View Profile
Unable to view newly loaded documents from cache
« on: July 01, 2022, 01:22:35 PM »
Hi all,

Has anyone had this error before:

"The server failed while retrieving a resource group."

I got this error on a 10.5.0.4 server after loading a brand new file. It occurred when I try to open a newly loaded document from the hitlist in the thick client. Furthermore, I am able to open an older document on the same server. One other thing that I noticed is that in the latest file in /arscache/cache1/retr/.../DOC directory has a link to a file that does not exist in the other cache directory.

Details about the server:
This is a newly created Linux box. We migrated the cache directories over from the pre-existing server using rsync. I have checked the umask value of the arscache directories and they are 0022. All the permissions match in all the cache directories as well.

Thanks in Advance John.

johnkyle68

• View Profile
Re: Unable to view newly loaded documents from cache
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2022, 05:57:35 AM »
Hi All,

I found the issue. I figured I would report it here in case someone else has this issue.

The issue was the Cache Storage set was pointing to the old server name. I overlooked this initially when looking through all the various configuration files. Normally, I have seen the storage set pointing to an alias like *ONDEMAND.

The fix was to update the cache storage set Primary Object Server to the new Object Server host name.

I hope this helps someone.