Author Topic: Question on Inactivity Time Out setting  (Read 697 times)

grahaj7

• View Profile
Question on Inactivity Time Out setting
« on: January 26, 2023, 06:19:49 AM »
Hello!

In the CMOD Admin client, there is an "Inactivity Time Out" setting with 3 options:
-Never Time Out
-Use System Value
-Time out after xx Minutes

I can't figure out what value the "System Value" refers to. I don't see a setting in the CMOD configuration files for timeouts.  Our server is on zOS (ARSSOCKD).   Is this maybe the TCPIP timeout setting ?   Just wondering how I can discern what that value actually is.  (We're getting some folks complaining about timeouts in ICN and we're going down the chain of allll the various places this could be set and what the values are.  I don't think this is the setting to tweak but I'd like to know what the value is anyway!)

Thanks!
Jenny

Ed_Arnold

• View Profile
Re: Question on Inactivity Time Out setting
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2023, 11:43:33 AM »
"Use System Value"

If you go to the admin client and open the tab where you see the three values and then go to the HELP you'll see:

Use System Value
This option is available only when adding or updating a user. Use the time out value from the Login Information page of the System Parameters window.

This refers back to the System Parameters for the instance, the Login Information tab.

On that page there are two possible selections, either Never Time Out or Time Out in nnn Minutes

That's where for that user, if that option is selected, the timeout value will be derived.

Ed
#zOS #ODF

grahaj7

• View Profile
Re: Question on Inactivity Time Out setting
« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2023, 02:15:29 PM »
Hello, Ed. Thank you - this is exactly what I was looking for!

I appreciate the help.

Jenny